Traditional Archery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Carbon arrows will work fine, but get the ones with the bigger diameters. Ultra-skinny carbon arrows are a ***** to fletch with full size feathers. And out of a recurve or longbow, I'd definately want full (5") feathers for steering.

Hondafire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Aluminums would work for what you are wanting. I just use wood because for me, I think they are cheaper than bending aluminums all the time. As far as straight shafts, I dont sort through them. I straighten them if I can, If I can not, I don't worry about it. I fletch em' and shoot em'. My shooting set up is as fallows........

Black Widow PLX in Tulipwood
62'' 64#@28. I'm pulling 31
Cedar shafts- uncut @ 70-75 spine
5 1/2'' shield cut feathers
125.gr tip.

These arrows are averaging about 560 grains built up. I actually need a little more than that, just need to go with a heavier point.

El Reno is having their trad shoot the last weekend of the month. Great guys and a great shoot. They are the same guys that put on the McAlester trad shoot.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Aluminums would work for what you are wanting. I just use wood because for me, I think they are cheaper than bending aluminums all the time. As far as straight shafts, I dont sort through them. I straighten them if I can, If I can not, I don't worry about it. I fletch em' and shoot em'. My shooting set up is as fallows........

Black Widow PLX in Tulipwood
62'' 64#@28. I'm pulling 31
Cedar shafts- uncut @ 70-75 spine
5 1/2'' shield cut feathers
125.gr tip.

These arrows are averaging about 560 grains built up. I actually need a little more than that, just need to go with a heavier point.

El Reno is having their trad shoot the last weekend of the month. Great guys and a great shoot. They are the same guys that put on the McAlester trad shoot.
How bout some directions and times. I have been to the McAlester shoot before. I'd like to go to this one if possible.

Hondafire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will post all the info as soon as I can. It will probably be Monday. Ive got the flyer at the house. The year before last they had a canoe shot. You got in a canoe and a guy paddled you down the bank in a pond. I believe there were 4 targets you had to shoot while moving in the canoe. There has also been a few novelty shots there, I think more so than McAlester has been in the last few years.

Anyways. I will post the info ASAP.

Hondafire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Directions to the Backwoods Bowhunters shoot in El Reno on March 27th and 28th.

From HWY 81 and Britton Road, go east about 4 miles to an old fish farm/christian camp on the south side of the road.

These are not the official directions because I can not find my flyer. These are the best direstion I can give with out the whole "go to this bridge, and turn after this tree" junk.

Hondafire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I my self am not interested......but there are alot of people who would probably wet their pants to have it.

You should come to the shoot at El Reno and shoot. There will be a big table their with quite a few bows on it for sale. It'll be by the sign in table. You just put your price on it and let people fondle it......someone will buy it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom