Trail Cam Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
What kinda place you got up there that deer don’t meander miles away? We’ve had multiple instances of deer walking six miles in an afternoon…

No idea why deer would wander that far in a day other than a buck during the rut. Corn, beans, milo, head high grass, timber, water and hardly any homes around. They have no reason to go anywhere. Many of these deer don't move more than 200y during the day. Most probably less than 100y. All deer have home ranges, usually less than 500a.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another buck starting to lose velvet.
IMG_2826.png

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No idea why deer would wander that far in a day other than a buck during the rut. Corn, beans, milo, head high grass, timber, water and hardly any homes around. They have no reason to go anywhere. Many of these deer don't move more than 200y during the day. Most probably less than 100y. All deer have home ranges, usually less than 500a.
I went back and looked it. It was 4 miles between those cameras. And every instance was on those two cameras. I have no idea why they do it either, cuz they sure don’t need to. Makes no sense to me, but they definitely do it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom