Trail Cam Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The buck with the vine on his rack was still in full velvet last night.
IMG_2832.png

IMG_2833.png

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have 2 Tactacams now my first X Pro I’ve had for 18 months is on its way back to Reveal because of daily internal condensation issues causing cloudy pics. I don’t know if it’s an issue with this camera or this model. My other camera is an X Gen 2.0 and has never hadgg V this problem.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have 2 Tactacams now my first X Pro I’ve had for 18 months is on its way back to Reveal because of daily internal condensation issues causing cloudy pics. I don’t know if it’s an issue with this camera or this model. My other camera is an X Gen 2.0 and has never hadgg V this problem.
Pic from this morning that will clear as the day progresses but return to cloudy early evening.
Are you 100% sure it’s internal condensation?
The cameras I have out in the open get condensation on the lens from high humidity or heavy dew on a regular basis that burns off as you describe as the day warms up.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you 100% sure it’s internal condensation?
The cameras I have out in the open get condensation on the lens from high humidity or heavy dew on a regular basis that burns off as you describe as the day warms up.

Not absolutely sure but I inspected for external condensation but non observed. As well wiped with Rain X on the external lens as instructed by Reveal initally but did not seem to make a difference. If it were an external issue I would think the X Gen 2 camera would do it as well, but it dosent.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not absolutely sure but I inspected for external condensation but non observed. As well wiped with Rain X on the external lens as instructed by Reveal initally but did not seem to make a difference. If it were an external issue I would think the X Gen 2 camera would do it as well, but it dosent.
The cameras I’ve had the problem with are Spartans, and I’ve even tried putting silica packets inside and still got condensation. You might try adding silica packets and see if it makes a difference for you.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The cameras I’ve had the problem with are Spartans, and I’ve even tried putting silica packets inside and still got condensation. You might try adding silica packets and see if it makes a difference for you.
Yes, I have used silica packets in the battery slot as well as stuck in the SD card slot, sealed in a zip lock bag as and blowing air from a vacuum into the SD card slot. This adequately dried and cleared the pics for it only to return in a few days.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, I have used silica packets in the battery slot as well as stuck in the SD card slot, sealed in a zip lock bag as and blowing air from a vacuum into the SD card slot. This adequately dried and cleared the pics for it only to return in a few days.

I really think it's the model of camera. The X Pro has a Screen for viewing.....which I never use....and the X Gen 2.0 does not. My thought there is just more possiblities for humidity infiltration with that model. My guess.

Latest posts

Top Bottom