Trail Cam Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Pic from this morning that will clear as the day progresses but return to cloudy early evening.View attachment 505626
We have one that does that at times. The lens will cloud but clear up by mid morning. So far it’s only been the one.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really think it's the model of camera. The X Pro has a Screen for viewing.....which I never use....and the X Gen 2.0 does not. My thought there is just more possiblities for humidity infiltration with that model. My guess.
The Tactacam I have doesn’t have a viewing screen, but all the Spartans do. I’m actually still using two of my original 2g Spartans (as cameras because they obviously won’t send pictures anymore), but all the 3g cameras crapped out.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Clean the rubber door seal and then smear a little vaseline or dielectric grease around the seal.
I cleaned the seal but did not put anything on it. I would think the vaseline/dieletric grease would tend to attrach dust, etc...thereby degrading the seal.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While we are talking cameras......I exclusively use the Brownings now. I have 15 set out and they have been VERY reliable and durable. I just picked up a '2 for' of their Dark Ops Extreme 16MP . These are '6 battery' cameras which I also prefer. I was replacing a camera that a bird pecked the lens out of the motion detector. I've had several occasions of birds pecking but this was the first one destroyed by such

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While we are talking cameras......I exclusively use the Brownings now. I have 15 set out and they have been VERY reliable and durable. I just picked up a '2 for' of their Dark Ops Extreme 16MP . These are '6 battery' cameras which I also prefer. I was replacing a camera that a bird pecked the lens out of the motion detector. I've had several occasions of birds pecking but this was the first one destroyed by such
I’ve never tried the Browning cell cams, but I’ve heard they’re top notch. However, I’m still using a couple Browning Strike Force I bought around 20 years ago or whenever they first came out. In my experience, the weak link (at least in the old ones) is the connection points on the battery trays crap out after a few years, but they’ve still been the very best cameras I’ve ever used. :thumb:

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve never tried the Browning cell cams, but I’ve heard they’re top notch. However, I’m still using a couple Browning Strike Force I bought around 20 years ago or whenever they first came out. In my experience, the weak link (at least in the old ones) is the connection points on the battery trays crap out after a few years, but they’ve still been the very best cameras I’ve ever used. :thumb:

Yes mine are the strike force too. My cell cams are just the 2 Tactacams. I’ve had issues with those battery trays as well that you mention but easily resolved by a slight tweak/bend of the tray’s contact points and I use dielectric grease on them too at times

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Brownings are great, clear pictures and work. I like the 6 battery instead of 8 set up too.

You mention birds, they sure peck the crap out of mine. I have cracks and holes in some of mine but they still work. I am sure that will change when we get the fall rains, freezing etc.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is a Browning pic. Notice how clear it is:

53945629764_df01ce109a_o.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom