Trail Cam Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the box idea but I have so many cameras, that purchase would be hard to hide from the wife.

I’ve thought about the security/protection box thing but I’m also all about stealth. I think the more accessories the less stealth.

It’s always the motion lens. Seems to me the best fix would be a snap-in replaceable lens. Would make more money for browning too…. Another product to sell.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you hiding the cameras in bird houses?
I know that was sarcasm, but it did bring up the thought of how the cameras are mounted. Is there a perch for the birds that gives them access to the motion lens? Like others, I've never had a bird attack my cams. Had deer rub and lick on them but that's it.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know that was sarcasm, but it did bring up the thought of how the cameras are mounted. Is there a perch for the birds that gives them access to the motion lens? Like others, I've never had a bird attack my cams. Had deer rub and lick on them but that's it.
I have Spartan cameras mounted in cages made out of cut up cattle panel to keep the neighbor’s trespassing cows from getting to them, and the birds have been perching on the wire in front of the cameras at pecking level multiple times daily for months with no sign of damage.
As I said previously, I’ve been using Browning Strike Force camera for 20 years+/-, and I realized I misspoke previously and have had the plastic covering the sensor break on one. However, it didn’t break so much as crumble from being in the elements for 20 years. The camera body has a chalky feel like plastic boat seats left outside for years.
Even with the broken plastic, the camera still functions fine.
IMG_1191.jpeg

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have Spartan cameras mounted in cages made out of cut up cattle panel to keep the neighbor’s trespassing cows from getting to them, and the birds have been perching on the wire in front of the cameras at pecking level multiple times daily for months with no sign of damage.
As I said previously, I’ve been using Browning Strike Force camera for 20 years+/-, and I realized I misspoke previously and have had the plastic covering the sensor break on one. However, it didn’t break so much as crumble from being in the elements for 20 years. The camera body has a chalky feel like plastic boat seats left outside for years.
Even with the broken plastic, the camera still functions fine.
View attachment 509235
Had same thing happen with my Browning. Removed camera from tree and just slightly touch it and it crumbled to dust.

Latest posts

Top Bottom