Ugliest deer ever...or trophy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never even had at a shot at a buck yet, so a buck like that would give me shaky legs lol. I still have hopes of putting my first on the wall someday.

Okie Marine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
UPDATE: I took everyone's advice. I shot this buck just a few hours ago on opening evening. The muzzy stuck him just a few inches further back than I wanted, I'm assuming a liver shot (arrow has red blood, not too dark but not too bright). I watched him run about 100 yards and bed down, then stand up, then bed down back and forth for about 20 minutes. I then snuck out and have decided to leave him til daybreak. I passed on a MONSTER, 250 lb+ old, heavy beamed, 8 point that has been showing up on camera too, when I mean passed, I mean sat for 20 minutes watching him at 20 yards and closer. It was very hard to do but I wanted this gnarly buck more than any other, and it was worth the wait. Hopefully I will find this buck in the morning and the meat won't be ruined. It's supposed to be around 60 degrees tonight so I'm getting worried. Wish me luck, hopefully pictures to follow!

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
UPDATE: I took everyone's advice. I shot this buck just a few hours ago on opening evening. The muzzy stuck him just a few inches further back than I wanted, I'm assuming a liver shot (arrow has red blood, not too dark but not too bright). I watched him run about 100 yards and bed down, then stand up, then bed down back and forth for about 20 minutes. I then snuck out and have decided to leave him til daybreak. I passed on a MONSTER, 250 lb+ old, heavy beamed, 8 point that has been showing up on camera too, when I mean passed, I mean sat for 20 minutes watching him at 20 yards and closer. It was very hard to do but I wanted this gnarly buck more than any other, and it was worth the wait. Hopefully I will find this buck in the morning and the meat won't be ruined. It's supposed to be around 60 degrees tonight so I'm getting worried. Wish me luck, hopefully pictures to follow!

Okie Marine did you recover that buck yet? Those of us not in the woods and working are waiting on your recovery news and pics! Good luck man, I hope you found him dead and intact.

Okie Marine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
RECOVERED! Found him first thing this morning about 50 yards from where I had last seen him bed down. I caped him out and was not able to save any meat, it was very nasty and smelly as soon as I opened him up. I hit him in the liver and out the gut, that didn't help with the meat either. I will at least be able to save the head and cape.
buckvelvet.jpg
buckvelvet2.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom