Uhmmm ... Hmmmm ... Eagle carries off deer?? For Real?? 🤨

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bigger than our bald eagles.
It was interesting on our last trip to Alaska, we were on a boat tour. A tour guide naturalist told the group that the biggest killer of bald eagles in Alaska were salmon.
They swoop down on a big king salmon get their talons hooked in there and drown when it’s too big to lift and fly away with. There are YouTube videos showing exactly that.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My buddy had a golden eagle swoop on his daughter last summer in NW OK. Truly terrified him. He won’t be outside without his pistol n
Have had this happen a few times with Red Tail Hawks.
Bigger than our bald eagles.
It was interesting on our last trip to Alaska, we were on a boat tour. A tour guide naturalist told the group that the biggest killer of bald eagles in Alaska were salmon.
They swoop down on a big king salmon get their talons hooked in there and drown when it’s too big to lift and fly away with. There are YouTube videos showing exactly that.
Seems like a good time for this...:laugh6:
421989628_913467737450095_535755449236245942_n.jpg

jakelly

Marksman
Reaction score
He was grilling in the doorway of his garage, when he noticed that for the last couple minutes there hadn’t been a single bird chirping. The odd silence had just come to his attention when he turned away from the grill to get something out of his truck in the driveway. As soon as he crossed under the door of his garage, the eagle cleared the extended garage roof in a glide. He watched the thing float over his truck and drop another 3 feet once it cleared the cab, heading directly at his very small daughter playing in the sand 20’ away. At the last second, the bird lifted. Scared him to his core.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually I kind of believe this. Anecdotally there are many stories of large birds carrying off animals of "larger size." There are reports in the central US of even large birds attempting to carry off people. Last time I went to Walmart though I would not have believed it, think a Sikorsky Sky Crane would have had trouble...

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually I kind of believe this. Anecdotally there are many stories of large birds carrying off animals of "larger size." There are reports in the central US of even large birds attempting to carry off people. Last time I went to Walmart though I would not have believed it, think a Sikorsky Sky Crane would have had trouble...
I don't know, have you seen those starlings in the parking lot at Walmart?? Those things are huge. They might carry even an average Walmart shopper off.

Latest posts

Top Bottom