Unconstitutional but for the better good?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And dont drive a car that is a safety nightmare...yeah yeah yeah, none of that is the point. Sorry you missed it so easily.

That is the point! When enough people choose to be retarded they give the gov a reason to come in and have to do things like check points. You're upset at the gov's attempted solution to a legitimate problem. Don't be pissed at an attempted solution, be pissed at the problem. You think they'd have these checkpoints if they weren't productive? You want checkpoints to stop, figure out a way to make it so they don't have a reason to have them anymore.

That being said, I absolutely agree that gov over steps its bounds far too frequently, but that's typically fed not local (in my experience/opinion).

To the earlier post about swat kicking in doors, if the same percentage of homes were selling drugs as are DUI, then yes they should be kicking in doors because that's a sign that as a society we're pretty messed up. That was an "apples and oranges" comparison.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OHP regularly sets up checkpoints at locations where you have no option but to go through them. If you turn around to avoid the wait in line, they come after you and assert "reasonable suspicion" for a search.

That's not entrapment either, and that's not what Turkeyrun was talking about. He apparently doesn't understand the term entrapment, or the term "Implied consent."

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Under the law, all drug users are drug dealers because the laws in most states state that any distribution of illegal drugs is considered a sale, regardless of whether there is a profit or monetary interest involved. Therefore, under the law, anyone who ever passed a joint to the next person at a rock concert is a "drug dealer". If we use the strict legal definition of a "dealer" then there are somewhere between 12 and 40 million drug dealers in the United States."

I guess we better let swat start kicking in doors. It's for the children after all....

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Under the law, all drug users are drug dealers because the laws in most states state that any distribution of illegal drugs is considered a sale, regardless of whether there is a profit or monetary interest involved. Therefore, under the law, anyone who ever passed a joint to the next person at a rock concert is a "drug dealer". If we use the strict legal definition of a "dealer" then there are somewhere between 12 and 40 million drug dealers in the United States."

I guess we better let swat start kicking in doors. It's for the children after all....
Dude your using plain reason and facts with someone who will never get it. Lmao

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I get it..and Thank you!

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is the point! When enough people choose to be retarded they give the gov a reason to come in and have to do things like check points. You're upset at the gov's attempted solution to a legitimate problem. Don't be pissed at an attempted solution, be pissed at the problem. You think they'd have these checkpoints if they weren't productive? You want checkpoints to stop, figure out a way to make it so they don't have a reason to have them anymore.

That being said, I absolutely agree that gov over steps its bounds far too frequently, but that's typically fed not local (in my experience/opinion).

To the earlier post about swat kicking in doors, if the same percentage of homes were selling drugs as are DUI, then yes they should be kicking in doors because that's a sign that as a society we're pretty messed up. That was an "apples and oranges" comparison.

Wow!

Maybe you need to remove this from your signature lines.

“A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.” Edward Abbey

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My mistake. I was always under the impression that entrapment required the entrapped person to actually commit a crime, not just be investigated.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow!

Maybe you need to remove this from your signature lines.

“A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.” Edward Abbey

I'm not saying I agree with checkpoints, i'm definitely not the most articulate person, the point I was trying to get across is that I regularly hear people complain about checkpoints (not on here necessarily) but rarely about the reason they are there. There are checkpoints because they bring in money because of morons that think it's okay to DUI. I'm not saying I agree with checkpoints, i'm saying if you don't like them don't just piss and moan about the personal injustice they are to your liberty and freedom, instead piss and moan about the turds willing to DUI.

Then again, I know plenty of people who think it's their constitutional right to drive regardless of how messed up they are and they seem to be the main ones who complain about checkpoints the most...

Latest posts

Top Bottom