USPS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
When I sent the letter to the person in Springfield prior, I mailed it certified on October 13th and it made it to Springfield on the 20th lol.

I guess you needed it sent certified for some reason? A lot of times if a business is closed or someone isn’t home they will leave a notice and it may be a while before the letter is picked up at the post office. Should be 2-3 days max time from point to point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Then you must really think the prices of guns and groceries have gone up. I guess it’s your choice to keep the box or not. Probably cost you that much in gas to drive to the PO.

Nope.

Believe it or not, you don't know everything.

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
We have lived at this address for seven years, and I cannot remember a single negative incident.

How can that be? USPS sucks, 25 cents a day to rent a P.O. Box is robbery, and all the employees are scheming to scatter mail everywhere but the right address. What’s your address, I’ll let them know to stop doing it right.

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Nope.

Believe it or not, you don't know everything.

Haven’t said I do but I know a little about USPS. Believe it or not, your expectations for both cost of a P.O. Box rental and special handling because you don’t want to put up a mailbox are unrealistic. Hope you feel better now that you’ve had a chance to vent.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have the informed delivery. Pretty handy. Sometimes one shown doesn't make it until the following day but we are totally happy with our carrier out here in the sticks. Probably 5 times in the last 30 years we have got a letter addressed to someone just down the road. Just put a sticky note on it noting delivered to the wrong address and put it back in the box.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I guess you needed it sent certified for some reason? A lot of times if a business is closed or someone isn’t home they will leave a notice and it may be a while before the letter is picked up at the post office. Should be 2-3 days max time from point to point.

I've had a missed delivery of certified mail before, I'll get a tracking text that will say "Notice Left-No Authorized Recipient". No such texts either route, USPS service just sucked both routes on this one. Our actual rural mail guy is fantastic.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I put a letter in mailbox to pickup today. Postman left mail and didn't p/u letter. No big deal, went to post office drive up and both boxes were sealed up. Said to go inside WTF....

Magmaviper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not a fan of USPS right now, sold a $300 scope and sent it priority 2 day on Dec 29th to Ohio, just arrived today. Thought I was losing out on $300 and a scope.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We really had no issues at all until we moved to our current house. Having our mail delivered to the wrong address or getting someone else’s is a weekly occurrence. Don’t seems to have a consistent mailman. Odd after spending 30 odd years knowing our mailman’s name and actually knowing them. Side effect, you do get to meet a lot of neighbors. FedEx and ups do get it wrong here too, just not at the same rate.

All that being said, I did just get a mag extension from the west coast in 3 days, via the cheapest usps shipping option. I was not expecting that.

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Not a fan of USPS right now, sold a $300 scope and sent it priority 2 day on Dec 29th to Ohio, just arrived today. Thought I was losing out on $300 and a scope.

That’s quick for today’s USPS and whoever told you Priority is 2 day lied to you. Packages last month I tracked took as long as 27 days. I sent a Priority last Monday and it was delivered in AZ on Thursday so maybe there’s hope.

Latest posts

Top Bottom