USPS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
We really had no issues at all until we moved to our current house. Having our mail delivered to the wrong address or getting someone else’s is a weekly occurrence. Don’t seems to have a consistent mailman. Odd after spending 30 odd years knowing our mailman’s name and actually knowing them. Side effect, you do get to meet a lot of neighbors. FedEx and ups do get it wrong here too, just not at the same rate.

All that being said, I did just get a mag extension from the west coast in 3 days, via the cheapest usps shipping option. I was not expecting that.

That’s the USPS meet your neighbor program. [emoji23] your route is probably vacant right now or the regular is on extended leave. Is your address clearly visible on the house if you were a stranger looking to see what it was? Surprisingly a lot of houses don’t have the address clearly visible if at all. Of course the carrier should know but new ones may screw it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s on the house and curb, they wrote our name in the mailbox. Guess I’ll put it in the mailbox too. It’s been an issue fo 7 years :)

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
It’s on the house and curb, they wrote our name in the mailbox. Guess I’ll put it in the mailbox too. It’s been an issue fo 7 years :)

Is it in Braille as well? Not that I can do anything about it these days but I’d be curious how often you get a different addresses mail. Should be infrequent. There used to be a carrier alert card I made some carriers put in their case for an address with delivery problems. I called it the pull your head out of your ass card and make sure you’re leaving only their mail. I had 1 idiot actually deliver the card one day. Sounds like those carrying your route need a seeing eye dog or a some supervisor attention.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is it in Braille as well? Not that I can do anything about it these days but I’d be curious how often you get a different addresses mail. Should be infrequent. There used to be a carrier alert card I made some carriers put in their case for an address with delivery problems. I called it the pull your head out of your ass card and make sure you’re leaving only their mail. I had 1 idiot actually deliver the card one day. Sounds like those carrying your route need a seeing eye dog or a some supervisor attention.
I have a question. My house is on a rural carrier route, and we have an awesome carrier, but occasionally I get mail for the neighbors (usually for the place immediately north, but occasionally for someone who gets their mail at an apartment-style multi-residence box to the south that's actually on a different street), and every once I a while I'd get mail for someone with the same house number, but two section roads away. I've always been curious--is that the rural carrier, or is that someone in the local post office who's sorting stuff into the wrong bins? It's not a big deal (I just put it back in the box and raise the flag, and it goes on its merry way), but I'm just curious.

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I have a question. My house is on a rural carrier route, and we have an awesome carrier, but occasionally I get mail for the neighbors (usually for the place immediately north, but occasionally for someone who gets their mail at an apartment-style multi-residence box to the south that's actually on a different street), and every once I a while I'd get mail for someone with the same house number, but two section roads away. I've always been curious--is that the rural carrier, or is that someone in the local post office who's sorting stuff into the wrong bins? It's not a big deal (I just put it back in the box and raise the flag, and it goes on its merry way), but I'm just curious.

It’s your mail carrier. About 80% of the letter mail is sorted in delivery sequence by a machine. The other 20 or so is sorted by hand into a case with separations for each delivery point by your carrier. They are also supposed to look at each piece of mail before placing it in your mail box.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Used to be weekly. It was laughably bad. Haven’t seen that carrier in a few years. We were introduced to her when she left instructions for everyone on the rules around giving your mail carrier Xmas gifts. Now it’s every 3-4 weeks, much better. The 11108 vs 11008 on the same street I get, very easy mistake. The completely wrong streets and numbers...

RedHawk357Mag

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My mail is pretty legit. Had a few different carriers. Was originally a Rural Route address. Never understood how that system worked. Especially since the effort to maintain a serviceable mailbox with the address afixed to said mailbox is something akin to doing a Rubik's Cube for some folks. I can imagine the frustrating day the temporary route carriers must experience trying to break the code of random boxs along their routes. I appreciate the folks doing their best to get the mail delivered.
On the other hand, my PSA is one SHOULD flesh out all the hoops that are required to go through to get money refunded from a money order purchased and sent away for some purchase and not receiving said purchase. Fortunately I never needed to see it to the end as my shipper eventually shipped my item several months after receiving and cashing said MO. There's definitely a process to get your money back and I kinda feel it would be in excess of 6 months.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My mother in law lives in Tecumseh and she ordered my Christmas present in middle November and it took until last week to come in. It wasn’t 1776 United’s fault either because usps had picked it up. Normally I don’t have issues where I live. The mail carrier is good and usually doesn’t make mistakes and my packages are always treated good. I think it just depends on the driver and the area.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to call USPS customer support lately? “Wait time is greater then 1 hour”. Yikes

My mind wonders ... where are they putting all these packages and letters that are not getting delivered?

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why in the world would someone be sending you mail to your street address if you’ve had a P.O. Box for 30 years? Many times the sender endorses their mail address correction requested. If a small office and the clerks know you by name most would put it in your P.O. Box even though they aren’t supposed to. Seriously, for what you pay? $92 dollars a year is exorbitant? You can get it free at your house or you can choose to pay the minimal fee. Has anything else gone up in 30 years?

Hornady does not deliver certain items to PO boxes.

I also shipped a package Dec 22, last update was Dec 26.
I inquired last week, yeah it's "in transit" yeah no shiite i can see that too.
7C6AC489-8713-491A-A875-A0D3ED0CB957.png
163785A7-F5D4-4F5D-92CC-5A383DCAEB09.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom