USPS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our mail lady has always been great. She has had a few people fill in for her that needed work but they’re also rotating around Norman as people take time off. So they do pretty good for a couple days filling in for her. I abhor FedEx as they never show up on time or the packages are beat up (thankfully nothing fragile). UPS seems to be on the ball though. I’d say USPS handles things pretty well considering they deliver packages and mail while UPS and FedEx only handle packages. It would be nice to find USPS properly though rather than expect them to turn a profit. No other government body is expected to do so unless you’re a cop and your monthly quota is low.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Signed up for their informed delivery service . . . . we've had a few occasions where items showed up a day after the service said they would, but thankfully other than that nothing major has happened.

UPS and FedEx have delivered some items to the wrong house more often than our local USPS folks.

Yeah, the informed delivery is really nice, but it's not 100% accurate and they even list that caveat when you sign up. Just today, it only showed one piece of mail coming and they didn't have a picture for it. Well, I got about five pieces of mail, some of it first class. I can certainly understand that they wouldn't provide pics of third class mail. It's not really unusual that the mail they show will actually arrive a day or two later. All in all though, I really appreciate the service!

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, the informed delivery is really nice, but it's not 100% accurate and they even list that caveat when you sign up. Just today, it only showed one piece of mail coming and they didn't have a picture for it. Well, I got about five pieces of mail, some of it first class. I can certainly understand that they wouldn't provide pics of third class mail. It's not really unusual that the mail they show will actually arrive a day or two later. All in all though, I really appreciate the service!

Yep. We definitely appreciate the service.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I’ve given them a list of OSA members to screw with. Rumor has it one of you guys is going to start your own delivery company. [emoji23].
As always, if you have a valid concern about a missing or late package pm me the tracking number and I’ll see if I can tell what might be happening. The accusation that someone is misdirecting mail on purpose or other malfeasance is total BS. If your mail is being misdelivered and your address is clearly marked you should call and complain. Unless they’ve started a new meet your neighbor campaign since I retired that shouldn’t be happening except maybe on a rare occasion. Some of you guys are just part of the USPS me too movement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
My biggest gripe with the USPS is that I've had a very small PO Box for about thirty years now. I do not have a mailbox at my physical address at all. There are reasons I don't want a regular mailbox.

The last time I paid my box rental it had gone up another ten bucks to $92/year. It is due again this month so it might have gone up again.

That's bad enough, but on the rare occasion that someone sends something to my physical address, the post office does not try in any way to deliver it. It automatically gets returned to sender.

You would think that for what I pay they could put forth a little effort to get my mail to me by putting in my PO Box or at least placing a notice to pick it up at the counter.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Overall the USPS does a good job at our house. No complaints. I like the informed delivery also. If the weather is bad and mail is junk, I leave it till the next day.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
My biggest gripe with the USPS is that I've had a very small PO Box for about thirty years now. I do not have a mailbox at my physical address at all. There are reasons I don't want a regular mailbox.

The last time I paid my box rental it had gone up another ten bucks to $92/year. It is due again this month so it might have gone up again.

That's bad enough, but on the rare occasion that someone sends something to my physical address, the post office does not try in any way to deliver it. It automatically gets returned to sender.

You would think that for what I pay they could put forth a little effort to get my mail to me by putting in my PO Box or at least placing a notice to pick it up at the counter.

Why in the world would someone be sending you mail to your street address if you’ve had a P.O. Box for 30 years? Many times the sender endorses their mail address correction requested. If a small office and the clerks know you by name most would put it in your P.O. Box even though they aren’t supposed to. Seriously, for what you pay? $92 dollars a year is exorbitant? You can get it free at your house or you can choose to pay the minimal fee. Has anything else gone up in 30 years?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Hopefully if you voted by mail this year, you mailed it a week or two ago. I waited on some certified mail which was mailed 10/21 and due to arrive on 10/26. Springfield, Missouri to OKC to Enid is 372 miles. The Pony Express could travel the 1800 mile journey from St. Joseph, Missouri to Sacramento, California in 10-11 days crossing two mountain ranges and no turnpike. So I had to make the 15 mile drive into town on the 30th and make them go look for it...... "No sir you're local post office should have it." Every time we've missed certified mail it goes back to Enid. I told her that's happened every time, and we haven't missed a delivery, and that it shows that it's still in route from OKC since Sunday the 25th at 10:07pm. I had to force that lazy woman to go look. She comes back with nothing, I told her it has to be here. The lady working at the next window has overheard my unhappiness by now and asks the lady helping me if she looked at some certain spot in the back. The lady helping me glares at her fellow worker, rolls her eyes and stomps to the back. 20 seconds later she comes back to the counter with it and proceeded to tell me to sign for it. I signed for it, told the other worker "thanks for making her go do her job, services that I'm paying for". That got me quite the GTH look from the lady helping me lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom