Violent arrest of student.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why wasn't the teacher the one dragging her butt out of the room?

Depends on the state law and school policy. In general in the majority of schools, teachers are not allowed to use physical force on a student. Good way to lose your job, get sued, and ruin your life.

Several years ago, I was called into an instructors meeting at WOSC in Altus and given a draft instructors rule book. I quickly read it, and when asked if there were any questions, asked if the WOSC legal counsel had coordinated on the draft. They had not, and they subsequently required the draft rule book to be completely rewritten to conform to Oklahoma law. Teachers must be trained and specifically authorized to lay hands on a student, and only a few of us had any training from anywhere on medical or other physical emergencies.

I encounter people daily who do not understand the extreme restrictions put on teachers and how little leeway they have, particularly teaching high school and below. That was the main reason I declined a high school teaching job after retiring from the military, that and the fact that high school teachers are not allowed to give fair grades commensurate with the accomplishments of the students, which I can still do in Junior College (a 50% grade is going to be an F, not a phoney D and a plea to do better).

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, it really should have been more unnecessarily violent. He really should have cuffed her first before he slammed her around and stuffed her. That is what a real tough guy would do.

Sorry to interrupt the ejaspeculation about how well that tough guy cop might bull dog, calf rope or whatever other rough trade real tough guys might endeavor to embrace.

BTW, I've known plenty of women who can cast stares that hit harder than what that little girl was supposedly throwing at that poor, good ole, tough guy cop.

Like I said before, proud to wear the title.

Are you sure your title isn't "wildly animated hyperbole"? LOL

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When 100 peers think your wrong for sitting at your desk like a biatch and supporting the RO, it sounds like maybe the girl was acting in a manner the other students thought was not appropriate? I'd think those students have some parental discipline at home and know right from wrong.

Even if they thought that, they still wouldn't stage a walkout for the RO if he was a roid-rage a-hole. Obviously some of the slanderous characterizations made in this thread of the RO are off base. :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom