Violent arrest of student.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When 100 peers think your wrong for sitting at your desk like a biatch and supporting the RO, it sounds like maybe the girl was acting in a manner the other students thought was not appropriate? I'd think those students have some parental discipline at home and know right from wrong.

This is about catering to the individual and their feelings as it's of the upmost importance. So let's not apply too much logic here..... it might ruin the emotion we can link from Raoul's music vids.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What some here can't seem to accept is that police sometimes have to use force in order to get some people to comply with lawful orders. This is unfortunate but is necessary. I believe it was in this case. Obviously persuasion is best, if it is working. But in this case it wasn't. So, the officer has two options, neither of which is good. He can walk away, in which case, the other students will see that the girl got away with it, encouraging this type of defiance in others, or he can use force with the resultant PR damage.

My view remains the same, to wit; the officer did what he had to do.

Does anyone want to bet that this type of behavior by students increases because of this incident?

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is the kind of chaos you can expect when the teenagers discover they are in control.

The next thing you see is them skipping class and attending impromptu support gatherings for the administration's muscle.

#FREE-FIELDS

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm convinced that I was a part of one of the last generations to be raised "old school". In private school I got paddled and then I got spanked at home too. On a handful of occasions where I flat out acted a fool I got damn near whipped like a slave by my mother. I earned every single one of them and I wouldn't take back a second of it. I'm only 25 years old and I HATE the way kids act nowadays and I agree that they need their asses kicked.

With that being said, I believe this incident was simply inappropriate for a cell phone. It's unfortunate that the officer being called to the class for this put him inbetween a rock and a hard place, nonetheless the way the altercation unfolded was a little off. Things just shouldn't get to this point over nonviolent schoolhouse infractions, there are better ways to handle this.

Maverick21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With that being said, I believe this incident was simply inappropriate for a cell phone. It's unfortunate that the officer being called to the class for this put him inbetween a rock and a hard place, nonetheless the way the altercation unfolded was a little off. Things just shouldn't get to this point over nonviolent schoolhouse infractions, there are better ways to handle this.

Whether it deserved that action because it was a cell phone vs some other offense lies with the administration. They made the call to bring in the officer.

I don't blame the cop. You call an officer in to handle it, he's probably going to handle it like an officer. What the hell do they expect? They knowingly called in the heavy hitter because they cannot touch her. Dumb little idiot wanted to resist all forms of authority, including a cop, then flail around when being removed from her seat and got tossed aside like a rag doll accordingly.

Like you, I got my swats and learned to avoid them by not being a jackass (sometimes).

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is a classic catch 22,,,
The cop was damned because he did,,,
And would have been doubly damned if he hadn't.

And the sad thing is there is no correct answer to this.

Cops expect immediate and total submission from citizens,,,
And my friends, this is the wrong attitude to have.

But on the other hand,,,
Way too many people (young and old),,,
Think they can simply ignore an officers lawful directives.

"Just comply and sue them later" is one argument,,,
But there is no surety your complaint will even be fairly heard,,,
And if it is heard the "hearer" is often the same group you have the complaint against.

We have become a nation of mewling whiners,,,
One in which our system is broken,,,
I don't know how to fix it.

And, like Rod Snell said,,,
That was the main reason I declined a high school teaching job...
I too declined to teach in public school,,,
Even after 6 years of college getting my BS and MS degrees.

Aarond

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"He's probably going to handle it like an officer" just doesn't cut it for me. Officer or not, there are things that necessitate physicality and there are things that don't. To my knowledge the incident wasn't physical prior to the officer's involvement and EVERYONE would have been better off if it stayed that way. Putting your hands on a kid for improper classroom behavior is just silly. The fact that this made national news evidences that this could have been handled differently. Unfortunately schools aren't the same places that we group up in and people need to understand that.

Maverick21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"He's probably going to handle it like an officer" just doesn't cut it for me. Officer or not, there are things that necessitate physicality and there are things that don't. To my knowledge the incident wasn't physical prior to the officer's involvement and EVERYONE would have been better off if it stayed that way. Putting your hands on a kid for improper classroom behavior is just silly. The fact that this made national news evidences that this could have been handled differently. Unfortunately schools aren't the same places that we group up in and people need to understand that.

What would you propose the officer do then? Why is he there? He shouldn't have been called in the first place and that's on the school admin. Now he's paying the piper for doing as instructed by the heads that he is a resource for. They probably thought his presence alone would have made her comply but when it didn't, what's next? If they didn't want enforcement, they shouldn't have called it in over something so trivial. It's not the officers job to discipline students but that's how they used him.

He gets a complaint and is instructed to remove the student and he does so.

In my opinion, the root of he problem here is the spineless administration of the school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom