walmart rant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i can guarantee you that yukon walmart is following the policy. It gets put out at 7 am every morning and whoever is in line first gets first dibs so quit your wining. If the employees were getting first dibs then I would have filled up on bulk pack 22 the other night, yet you can look at my stash and see that is not the case.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It gets put out at 7 am every morning...
This, IMHO, is a large part of the problem. If WM wanted to increase their number of satisfied customers all they'd need to do is to start putting their daily lot out at random times throughout the day without telling anyone what the schedule is or when it will be put out on any given day.

Oh yeah - and tell the folks that work in Sporting Goods that if they're seen using their phone while they're on the clock, they're fired.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Walmart cares less about satisfied customers..
It is about making money.
You think i am satisfied when i go to buy veggies and 98% of them are from mexico or somewhere besided USA.
Pisses me off way more than any ammo deal ever did,,,
Not to mention their shoes that last me 2 weeks....They sell crap and make money,, that is the way it will always be.

orangeRcode

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I made a trip to Belle Isle wallyworld after I got off work this morning. Their website indicated they had limited quantities of several different types of 22LR. However, there was zip, zilch, nada when I got there. Don't trust their website on ammo availability. Only reason I tried this was I've had luck with the app and this location on 7.62x39 in the past.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I made a trip to Belle Isle wallyworld after I got off work this morning. Their website indicated they had limited quantities of several different types of 22LR. However, there was zip, zilch, nada when I got there. Don't trust their website on ammo availability. Only reason I tried this was I've had luck with the app and this location on 7.62x39 in the past.

You can thank the Walmart employee who has a friend that wants ammo, or the employee themselves. The ammo that was shown in stock but not avail was sitting under the counter or in the back room waiting for the employee to get off work or their buddy shows up. Walmart has real time inventory updates when something is scanned for purchase.

When I worked at Walmart in the early nineties, we did stuff like this all the time, and anyone who claims it isn't done is either uninformed or clueless.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Walmart cares less about satisfied customers..
It is about making money.
Unsatisfied customers shop elsewhere, and WM makes less money.
You think i am satisfied when i go to buy veggies and 98% of them are from mexico or somewhere besided USA.
Pisses me off way more than any ammo deal ever did,,, .
Not to mention their shoes that last me 2 weeks....They sell crap and make money,, that is the way it will always be.
Which is (among other things) why I usually do my grocery shopping elsewhere - unless I happen to be going to WalMart for something else (like ammo, for instance) anyway.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I wouldnt trust what the website shows on hand.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unsatisfied customers shop elsewhere, and WM makes less money.
Which is (among other things) why I usually do my grocery shopping elsewhere - unless I happen to be going to WalMart for something else (like ammo, for instance) anyway.

We keep shopping there because we aren't rich and we can't afford to shop anywhere else. I just try to adjust my shopping times to avoid the masses.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We keep shopping there because we aren't rich and we can't afford to shop anywhere else. I just try to adjust my shopping times to avoid the masses.
Less options here than there, but watching the sales and planning ahead I can usually get the groceries elsewhere as cheaply as WM, especially if I factor in the amount of spoilage from WM (produce that's already on the road to rot at the store, poultry that has a gamey smell as soon as you get it home, milk that sours as soon as the date hits, etc.)

Latest posts

Top Bottom