We are about to have a Texting while driving law

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do people slow down when they hit a school zone or not?

Some do. Some don't. Those who choose to speed (regardless of whether it's in higher fine area) do so despite the laws. Texting and driving will likely have the same result.

Handling auto insurance claims, I don't see any decreases in accidents in states where these laws exist. More recent studies are finding the laws are ineffective, which is contrary to many of the earlier reports used to promote and lobby these laws. As a company, we support this legislation. As an individual, I see it as a huge waste of time.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
People slip through the cracks. Didn't you say you rear-end someone while distracted?

There ya go - enough narrow escapes happen on their own, without us legislating the corruption of the gene pool.
And I could easily argue that I've had enough of these narrow escapes that Grace brought me thus far.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some do. Some don't. Those who choose to speed (regardless of whether it's in higher fine area) do so despite the laws. Texting and driving will likely have the same result.

Handling auto insurance claims, I don't see any decreases in accidents in states where these laws exist. More recent studies are finding the laws are ineffective, which is contrary to many of the earlier reports used to promote and lobby these laws. As a company, we support this legislation. As an individual, I see it as a huge waste of time.

People slow down in a school zone. Sure some speed, you're always going to have complete morons, but by far and large people slow down.

In handling insurance claims, I highly doubt you are actively comparing the states in a detailed manner or even a referenced manner like an actuary would.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There ya go - enough narrow escapes happen on their own, without us legislating the corruption of the gene pool.
And I could easily argue that I've had enough of these narrow escapes that Grace brought me thus far.

Problem is that "corruption" leads to the death of others. I'm all for people culling themselves if that were the case.

Latest posts

Top Bottom