We are about to have a Texting while driving law

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm happy it was made a primary offence [sic]. I'm sick of Cops/DOT personal [sic] getting ran [sic] over. I counted 18 people playing with their phone [sic] on the way to the office today. A 26 miles [sic] drive.
I didn't even count all of the people sitting at the stop lights. I also seen [sic] a couple [sic] people reading newspaper [sic] and books while driving...ffs [sic] people.

I'm sick of idiots who can't even manage a grammatically-correct sentence. You averaged more than one error per sentence. FFS, didn't you ever take a grammar class?

(Hey, let's all be judgmental!)

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FAA: get your license once, it's good for life. No renewals, ever. Yes, you have to take a biennial flight review, but that's with any instructor you can find, at any (or no) cost. Instructor won't pass you? There's no notification to the FAA; just go find another instructor.

Now, knowing those facts, tell me how many airplanes fall out of the sky, and compare it to the rate of auto accidents.

Just remember, the most dangerous part of flying is driving to the airport.

Unless your on a Malaysia Air flight......then you might just vanish off the face of the earth.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A woman got shot while driving near my job last night. They oughtta pass a law preventing shooting while driving, that may have saved her life.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A woman got shot while driving near my job last night. They oughtta pass a law preventing shooting while driving, that may have saved her life.

Ya know, they shouldn't have a law against speeding in school and construction zones, doesn't do any good.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ya know, they shouldn't have a law against speeding in school and construction zones, doesn't do any good.

That's not a super great example, as speeding is already against the law. The circumstances relating it to school and construction zones simply increase the fines when the act occurs in those specific instances. It's like a speeding 'hate crime' now :D.

The texting and seatbelt laws prohibited otherwise legal activities.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

This right here.
We have arrived at this low point in our civilization because for the last 80 or 100 years (more so in the last 50), we have interfered with the process of natural selection.

Haven't you ever talked to someone, and realized that the person should never have made it to adulthood?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's not a super great example, as speeding is already against the law. The circumstances relating it to school and construction zones simply increase the fines when the act occurs in those specific instances. It's like a speeding 'hate crime' now :D.

The texting and seatbelt laws prohibited otherwise legal activities.

Not worried about it being "super great" but my sarcasm still holds water. Texting while driving isn't legal while driving, going on the comments here, as they distracted. Driving 40mph is legal, unless in a school zone, etc. Do people slow down when they hit a school zone or not?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This right here.
We have arrived at this low point in our civilization because for the last 80 or 100 years (more so in the last 50), we have interfered with the process of natural selection.

Haven't you ever talked to someone, and realized that the person should never have made it to adulthood?

People slip through the cracks. Didn't you say you rear-end someone while distracted?

Latest posts

Top Bottom