What’s your ideal AR build?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CSeverns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Starting this thread just to see what everyones ideas are. Either pistols, rifles, any chambering, any purpose. Nothing is off limits. Just curious to see the itemized build lists you guys can come up with. All ideas are welcome here.

red442joe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After having built three specific rifles, I was one day looking through the parts box....you know, the stuff that naturally accumulates with BRD.
I realized I had enough parts to build another rifle! The Frankengun. Works just fine, it's the general travel gun, and I don't mind breaking it down for show-and-tell.

Joe

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It used to be a 20 inch A2 with a really good trigger but as my eyes have decided to not cooperate now days its a flat top free floated mid gas with a scope and a really good trigger. I would go back to an A2 in a heart beat though if my eyesight would allow it.

Glockisgood17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just a simple optics ready M-4, a 4. Clint Smith, “Have one to shoot, a second for a backup, ands third for parts!” Wife and I prescribe to that theory. We have had good luck with PSA parts, various lowers. We have the number of 3 each for general shooters. I had a red one built for her, Hooker Red she calls it. We each have one mid level from the factory. Hers is a Sig tread, I have a Ruger piston gun.

Regards,

rocketman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Colt XM16E1 parts kit on semi-auto Nodak Spud retro lower.
Colt XM177 parts kit or clone on a retro lower.
Colt 607 clone in 300 AAC on a retro lower.
Colt M4 14.5" clone SBR on Colt "M4" semi lower with 38mm LMT M203 launcher.

Last edited:

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On my wish list ...

AR-24.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom