what are you using for coyotes (gun)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have tried a little of everything over the years but continue to take the shotgun most of the time.I also use a DPMS ar in 223 and a Ruger 22-250 on occasion.

Scott

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My favorite is a .17 Rem 700 BDL that I have rebarreled with a Shilen using the 25 gr Berger mhp bullet. Farthest kill a lasered 386 yrds. My truck gun is a Ruger M77 .22-250 and I have killed a bunch of coyotes with that one using the 55 gr vmax moly bullets at about 3,250 fps. I also like to take the AR-15 out once in awhile in .223. I don't like heavy barreled rifles for calling as they get real uncomfortable to carry when you are hunting a big area and doing a lot of walking between stands. I find the light barreled rifles with the right bullet combo to be minute of coyote out to farther than I can shoot.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
how do you like the rem ar15

I like it alot. Kind of fell for the camo pattern. Its a Bushmaster made for Rem.
Put the Nikon coyote special on it. I get less than a 1" group at 100 yds with factory FMJ, so accuracy is not a problem.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_Photo0041.jpg

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't like heavy barreled rifles for calling as they get real uncomfortable to carry when you are hunting a big area and doing a lot of walking between stands. I find the light barreled rifles with the right bullet combo to be minute of coyote out to farther than I can shoot.

+1, that was an expensive lesson. I was under the impression that I "needed" a rifle more akin to a benchrest gun. I do all of my calling now days with a Ruger M77 22-250.

MarcusR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Savage old model12 26" bull barrel single shot .220 swift with an old simmons 6-24 x 50. Has a brushed cammo paint job (needs to be touched up). I love this gun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom