what are you using for coyotes (gun)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2nd generation Glock 22 stoked with Winchester 180gr Ranger SXTs.

I know, I know...this is a terrible choice. But, considering the only yote huntin' I do is at night on my way home from work... :ugh2:

So far, I've got me two confirmed kills...

Out of like 20 attempts. :rolleyes2

I got one under similar circumstances one night with a HK psp so I am one for one. You gotta quit while you are ahead.

Evan

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
+1, that was an expensive lesson. I was under the impression that I "needed" a rifle more akin to a benchrest gun. I do all of my calling now days with a Ruger M77 22-250.

I actually know quite a few people that have went down this road.There are very few gun companies that know the difference between a varmint rifle and a predater rifle but they are slowly catching on.For a calling rifle most serious callers want a lightweight rifle with a lower powered scope that won't break their back by the end of the day.The 10-12 pound rifles alot of guys buy to hunt coyotes with are great for accuracy but are better suited for sitting on a bench at a prairie dog town.These are my 2 cents.

Scott

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I actually know quite a few people that have went down this road.There are very few gun companies that know the difference between a varmint rifle and a predater rifle but they are slowly catching on.For a calling rifle most serious callers want a lightweight rifle with a lower powered scope that won't break their back by the end of the day.The 10-12 pound rifles alot of guys buy to hunt coyotes with are great for accuracy but are better suited for sitting on a bench at a prairie dog town.These are my 2 cents.

Scott

All my calling rifles have variable scopes but I have a line painted in white or yellow across the power ring and the scope tube that I can look down and quickly verify the power. They all stay on 5 unless I have a long shot and want to crank it up. You will sure lose coyotes because the power is too high and you can't find them running at you at 15 yrds.

JBarlow

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
savage predator 10xp in .204 kinda wish i would have went heavier but oh well my wife like to shoot it so it hers and i would like to build a .243 till then i'll use the shotgun

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
ZSU 23-4 (I wish)
zsu 23-4.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom