What is your most comfortable carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I'm a little confused as to the question the OP is asking. Are you asking which method (IWB, OWB, FBI cant, straight drop)? Are you asking which gun? Or are you asking which available holster for a Double Eagle? Are you wanting suggestions for your use, or what we would use for ourselves?

My most comfortable holster for a 1911 is a Wilson Tactical, until I have to do something like sit in a car or at a desk. For that I prefer a canted holster, such as the Milt Sparks EX for a 1911. The EX doesn't have a secondary retention device such as a thumb strap, so I wouldn't use it for OC. For OC, probably the only holster I'd use is a Safariland ALS. It has a hidden retention feature, but it's bulky and straight drop, so I'd still be more physically comfortable concealing IWB with the EX if long periods of sitting are necessary. I guess I could use something like a Bianchi Model 7 OWB with thumb strap and forward cant, but I detest thumb straps for any carry that's not in uniform, and even then I prefer the Safariland ALS + rotating hood for extra security and ease of reholstering.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In theory you are 100% correct.

As a practical matter if you have to ask permission and pay money to do it then it is a priviledge whether it's carrying a gun, driving a car, opening a business etc etc etc.
I agree. This is why we are not totally free yet, and why constitutional carry is a step in the right direction towards recognizing more of this freedom.
But the important thing to note is that 2A does not CONFER a right, it merely recognizes a NATURAL, GOD-GIVEN right. And the men who drafted the bill of rights acknowledged they were merely recognizing certain God given rights.
Every time someone calls it a "privilege" we take a step in the wrong direction.
:)

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...But the important thing to note is that 2A does not CONFER a right, it merely recognizes a NATURAL, GOD-GIVEN right. And the men who drafted the bill of rights acknowledged they were merely recognizing certain God given rights.
Every time someone calls it a "privilege" we take a step in the wrong direction.
:)

You are correct sir and I will add that the 2A like all the rest in the BOR tells the goobermint what it cannot do.

Unfortunately the gooberment pretty much does what ever it wants and has since at least the Civil War and will continue to do so. The Supreme court won't reign the government in or hasn't yet to any great extent and the people in general evidently don't mind our rights being limited or taken away because they keep reelecting the knotheads doing it.

OV1kenobi

Marksman
Reaction score
You are correct sir and I will add that the 2A like all the rest in the BOR tells the goobermint what it cannot do.

Unfortunately the gooberment pretty much does what ever it wants and has since at least the Civil War and will continue to do so. The Supreme court won't reign the government in or hasn't yet to any great extent and the people in general evidently don't mind our rights being limited or taken away because they keep reelecting the knotheads doing it.

This; particularly the second paragraph.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After the Pecos Run n' Gun a few weeks ago, I realized that the sling setup on my M1A would be a lot nicer on long treks with a little padding. I got a GI sling pad from Brigadoon Army Surplus in MWC for $2.75, and it works great. :)

If you're talking handguns, ;), the very most comfortable for me is pocket carry with a pocket holster with something tiny like my Kel Tec P3AT. I like the De Santis pocket holster the best.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My most comfortable is my cheapo vertical holster. I just don't like the cross draw. They're all out to poke you or make you look like you have a tumor in your ass.

Unlike driving a car, for example, which is a privilege and requires a license and can be taken away

The US Supreme Court recognized that a drivers license is more than a simple privilege.
see Bell v Burson 402 U.S. 535 (1971)

I don't really want to cock up this thread with driving discussion, though. If you'd like me to start a new thread about it just shoot me a PM.

freeranger

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
At the moment I'm most comfortable with CC'ing unless I'm puttering around the yard. My daily CC carry firearm is a LCP. Around the house and yard, a 1911. My discomfort with OC is having to deal with gunbuster signs. Since I tend to only leave the house for the sake of commerce, it's easier for me to just continue with CC for now.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lately been carrying my 1911 Commander-size in an OWB Galco retention holster for OCing, or in a leather belt-slide (as a "mostly" CC option). These options are infinitely better for me than my previous IWB holsters. Even the SuperTuck!

Latest posts

Top Bottom