What is your most comfortable carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skiluvr03

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll have to read the hand-book again; I pointed out that I liked to carry my kel-tec p11 in my pocket when going to and from work because it makes it easier to put away when I get to my destination and someone here pointed out that the handbook said the holster had to be on a belt. I was disheartened to hear that because the pocket carry was so comfortable. Any comments on his comments before i get around to read up on the handbook when I have spare time? I have since ordered a belt holster for it. Most of the time, I wear my heavier Glock 30 (45), but don't carry it when it has to be in the vehicle for long periods of time, like at work.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll have to read the hand-book again; I pointed out that I liked to carry my kel-tec p11 in my pocket when going to and from work because it makes it easier to put away when I get to my destination and someone here pointed out that the handbook said the holster had to be on a belt. I was disheartened to hear that because the pocket carry was so comfortable. Any comments on his comments before i get around to read up on the handbook when I have spare time? I have since ordered a belt holster for it. Most of the time, I wear my heavier Glock 30 (45), but don't carry it when it has to be in the vehicle for long periods of time, like at work.

I'll save you from having to read the entire SDA for this information:

Title 21 said:
DEFINITIONS
A. As used in the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act:
1. "Concealed handgun" means a loaded or unloaded pistol carried hidden from the detection and view of another person either upon or about the person, in a purse or other container belonging to the person, or in a vehicle which is operated by the person or in which the person is riding as a passenger;
2. "Unconcealed handgun" means a loaded or unloaded pistol carried upon the person in a belt or shoulder holster that is wholly or partially visible, or carried upon the person in a scabbard or case designed for carrying firearms that is wholly or partially visible; and
3. "Pistol" means any derringer, revolver or semiautomatic firearm which:
a. has an overall length of less than sixteen (16) inches,
b. is capable of discharging a projectile composed of any material which may reasonably be expected to be able to cause lethal injury,
c. is designed to be held and fired by the use of a single hand, and
d. uses either gunpowder, gas or any means of rocket propulsion to discharge the projectile.
B. The definition of pistol for purposes of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act shall not apply to homemade or imitation pistols, flare guns, underwater fishing guns or blank pistols.

As you can see in Item A2, an unconcealed handgun must be carried in a belt or shoulder holster, or a case or scabbard designed fro the firearm.

Last edited:

jmusteen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
have been cc for about 6month with a 10$ iwb did try to use a blackhawk serpa cqc but couldn't really conceal it that well with summer, currently i just stick to the iwb it works and i got use to it

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

All together now... "Concealed is Concealed!" You can wear your weapon fully concealed in your pocket with or without a holster or hanging from a string around your neck under your shirt / coat or duct taped to your body.. so long as it is concealed. As hrdware points out... it is only if carrying your handgun in the open that your weapon has to be secured in a belt, a holster or some kind of scabboard or case.

Skiluvr03

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, but, as I read it, if you have it in a holster, which I take to mean scabbard, then it's okay to have it in your pocket even if it's partially visable. I don't understand stressing concealed is concealed, I'm not talking about concealed, so no need to be smart-assed.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, but, as I read it, if you have it in a holster, which I take to mean scabbard, then it's okay to have it in your pocket even if it's partially visable. I don't understand stressing concealed is concealed, I'm not talking about concealed, so no need to be smart-assed.

When reading the law, it is my personal interpretation that the holster, scabbard, or case is what me partially or wholly visible, not the firearm. So if the grip of your pistol is hanging out of your pocket, but not holster is not also partially visible then you may be in a technical violation. If an officer would pick up on that or not, I have no idea.

Skiluvr03

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When reading the law, it is my personal interpretation that the holster, scabbard, or case is what me partially or wholly visible, not the firearm. So if the grip of your pistol is hanging out of your pocket, but not holster is not also partially visible then you may be in a technical violation. If an officer would pick up on that or not, I have no idea.
Well, that's a good point and gives me more to think about.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're pocket-carrying, you should be using a pocket holster in any case. A DeSantis Nemesis costs like $15 and works great so you don't have an excuse not to use one.

E: Wait, I didn't quite get what you were talking about. NVM.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a glock 19 and I use a blackhawk CQC holster. I use the paddle holster method. I also have a bullide belt that works great. ( Bullhidebelts.com) I carry on my right hip and it is the most comfortable holster that I have ever worn. And I have many. My second favorite method is my looper brand IWB holster. It is almost exactly like the crossbreed supertuck. Only it is all black. I can wear a tshirt and you cannot detect my glock while wearing my looper holster. I only wear the blackhawk when I am OC'ing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom