What Stock do you run?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't tell Dr. THW that. His guns will look even worse.

You're killing me, smalls.

But a question to you and EZ. Did the VLTORs you guys have tried/use require you to assemble them? Mine came all put together (the "battery" holders on the sides were already installed) although the instructions had it as an "assembly step".

I havent really had an issue with whisker snag, and I look like grizzly adams.

I'm wondering if its a "fitment" issue with the two side pieces, although, seems like every one I know has a problem with whisker snag.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it affects the shorter bearded and stubbly fellows. If the hair is short enough that it hasn't relaxed it goes right in the cracks and gets stuck. I think if you're grizzly Adams then you're safe. I'm pretty sure they come assembled, but I've never bought one. I really like the CTR for light weight, but the cheek weld of the other stocks I've used is much better.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it affects the shorter bearded and stubbly fellows. If the hair is short enough that it hasn't relaxed it goes right in the cracks and gets stuck. I think if you're grizzly Adams then you're safe. I'm pretty sure they come assembled, but I've never bought one. I really like the CTR for light weight, but the cheek weld of the other stocks I've used is much better.

This makes sense.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You're not cool unless you've got duck tape on your rig. I've got it on nearly all of my guns. I think I'll add it to the remaining guns right now :)

Yeah, but if you're "tacticool", you buy it in O.D. Green and call it "rigger's tape". Otherwise, you're just "tacticLOL". :D

awww.reoiv.com_images_random_The_tacticlol.jpg

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't tell Dr. THW that. His guns will look even worse.

Haha - I was going to post in that thread and tell you that you were wasting your time since he won't get it, but I didn't really want anymore PMs from him - I got several the last time I tried to post a funny in one of his threads.

Whitey - both mine came pre-assembled (and I took them apart and switched colors from the green one to the tan one). They pulled hairs either way, but I rarely let my beard get to 1/2" of length, so my whiskers tended to find their way into the gap between the battery compartment and stock regularly until I put the tape there.

I want to say that DaveK has an EMOD on his Robinson XCR and he's usually sporting a pretty full beard and he had the same problem too if my memory is correct.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really like the ACE SOCOM for a collapsible and the ACE ARFX for a fixed. That alluminum looks badass on those things. Plus I can't stand the feel of my whiskers against those plastic stocks. It's like finger nails on the chalk board to me. I'm gonna put an ACE ultra light on my M&P 15R soon too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom