What Stock do you run?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claricSTi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am still debating on a few stocks for my first AR build. I may end up getting a standard 6 posistion until I can make up my mind. The rifle I am building will be a 16" Midlength and will be for Training and possibly HD purposes. Mainly looking at CTR, ACS, VLTOR and a few others. I really like the CTR but may look at the ACS stocks more since the cheekweld appeals to me.

I know the Magpul stocks seem to be the main player for most but
was curious to see what you folks run.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a ACS on mine and like it so far, I think the CTR would of ahve been fine as well if you want the stripped down version with better build quality than a basic stock.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am still debating on a few stocks for my first AR build. I may end up getting a standard 6 posistion until I can make up my mind. The rifle I am building will be a 16" Midlength and will be for Training and possibly HD purposes. Mainly looking at CTR, ACS, VLTOR and a few others. I really like the CTR but may look at the ACS stocks more since the cheekweld appeals to me.

I know the Magpul stocks seem to be the main player for most but
was curious to see what you folks run.

I say keep it simple to start. get yourself a basic 6 pos collapsible and shoot it. Later you can try some other stocks and see if you like one better. There is a simplistic beauty with the AR platform. Don't "over" accessorize! Keep it simple and enjoy it. YMMV. JMHO. :hey3:

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CTR or MOE for me. I tried the UBR and it made my rifle TOO heavy. I have a 16" WOA Stainless Steel barrel. Its still a damn nice stock tho. I want to try out the ACS but I'm afraid it may be too much weight also as well too.

ChrisC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have a ubr on my middy and really like it. it is heavier than my ctr but on that rifle it feels well balanced. for the money id go with the ctr...

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Right now, I'd only choose one setup. The new Vltor A-5. It's a longer tube mounting an Vltor E-Mod stock, with a rifle length buffer spring and an intermediate length buffer, which is available in three different weights. This gives you the softer, smoother recoil impulse of a full length A2 stock, with the convenience of a collapsible stock. The receiver extension (tube) offers seven positions with the E-Mod stock, or 6 with any other collapsible stock.

I have this setup on my Noveske Rogue Hunter, which coupled with the AAC two chamber comp makes for one of the softest recoiling AR's I've ever shot. Pretty soon I'll be replacing the carbine length Vltor tube on my RR M-16 with an A-5 tube and buffer system. Can't wait to see the difference. I'll probably swap it out at the range so I can compare them directly.

Pics:

Fully Extended
ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s157_Glocktogo_CIMG0389.jpg

Fully Collapsed
ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s157_Glocktogo_CIMG0388.jpg

With The Can Mounted :)
ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s157_Glocktogo_CIMG0392.jpg

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
^^^I like that rifle setup Jerry!!!:thumb: I'm probably going to put one of those Vltor's on my RRA entry gun.I've got a M/Pull PRS on my 18" heavy barrel RRA varmint/precision rifle and love it.Too heavy for a "carry" gun though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom