What Would you Say?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A long time back there was a thread that asked the question: If you were OC'ng and a citizen approached you and asked "why are you carrying a gun", what would you tell that person.

I believe it may be time to revisit that question. Now that OC is a reality it will happen, albeit, not often, that an OC'r will be approached and questioned by a citizen.

My response: "Well sir/maam, ya know, as good as our police men and women are they can't be everywhere all the time. If it happens that I need to defend myself or my family from some thug, and I hope it never does, then I'll need to do it right then and there. There won't be time to wait on the police to do it for me. From a tactical point of view it's been well established that predators prey on the weak. They avoid those that they perceive as having both the ability and the will to fight back. Carrying a firearm in the open shows them that the carrier has both the will and the ability. I consider carrying my weapon in the open a deterrent, a deterrent by the way that will not only protect me but those around me, like you for example, as well."

How would you respond to be asked why you're carrying a gun?

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a simple response to risk. There's a probability of negative interaction with dogs and criminals, and a firearm is a direct means of response to those risks.
As for "Why open, not concealed?"
Convenience is a huge factor. The purported risks of "gun snatchers" are very overplayed, even more than the probability of being involved in a Killeen Luby's situation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom