Where do people who eat malt vinegar on fries get their tastes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone remember Aurthur Treacher's Fish and Chips? Got started eating malt vinegar on that kind of fish and fries when I was a wee lad.
Hells yeaa, 31st&Yale and 11th&Memorial.

Have you ever tried Cape Cod brand salt and vinegar potato chips? They are kind of a shock to the taste buds at first, but I really like them.
My favorite chips are Cape Cods regular and the vinegar&salt.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Try mayo and ketchup mixed together 50/50...just try it.
My wife eats this with fries and its really actually pretty good. I prefer ketchup with lots of tobasco and black pepper mixed together.

Baus302

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like malt vinegar on my fries (chips), but only when I'm having them with fish. Just goes together. And like CHenry, I like ketchup mixed with tabasco for fries the majority of the time.

Defnestor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife eats this with fries and its really actually pretty good. I prefer ketchup with lots of tobasco and black pepper mixed together.

Uh, isn't that Russian dressing?
Cocktail sauce is basically ketchup and horseradish.
Tartar sauce is mayo, mustard, and pickle relish.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like mustard with my fries.

i499.photobucket.com_albums_rr353_BrokenMagnum_Other_Sling_blade.jpg

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Uh, isn't that Russian dressing?
Cocktail sauce is basically ketchup and horseradish.
Tartar sauce is mayo, mustard, and pickle relish.

In the Mormon parts of the US, specifically Idaho & Utah, the mayo/ketchup mix is called fry sauce. It's available here at Freddy's Custard and Steakburger.

I had a hard time getting used to seeing Germans eat their fries with mayo when I was there in the Army. I understand it is also the practice in Belgium, the home of the original "French" fry.

Defnestor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the Mormon parts of the US, specifically Idaho & Utah, the mayo/ketchup mix is called fry sauce. It's available here at Freddy's Custard and Steakburger.

I had a hard time getting used to seeing Germans eat their fries with mayo when I was there in the Army. I understand it is also the practice in Belgium, the home of the original "French" fry.

Pomme frites est Belgique? Sacre bleu!

Latest posts

Top Bottom