Where to locate new Store

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where to locate new gunsmith store

• Edmond

Votes: 33 30.3%
  • Northwest OKC

Votes: 25 22.9%
  • East of OKC (Yukon / Mustang)?

Votes: 13 11.9%
  • Souh West OKC

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • Between Southeast & Southwest OKC

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • South East OKC

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Between South OKC and Moore

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • Moore

Votes: 12 11.0%
  • Between Moore and Norman

Votes: 14 12.8%
  • Norman

Votes: 17 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

taaz67

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have let you know that I am Planning to move to the OKC area (Edmond to Norman is open game)
we have been looking but have not settled on an area yet we want to live in.

I would like to know where you think a good location would be for my gunsmith and small gun store.

Edmond would welcome you .

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Honeybee, you and your wife are awesome people! Hate to hear of this relocating so far away. Wish you guys would rethink this, and move up towards Oologah.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Outdoor America, H&H, Savage Trading and even the new SSP location are all on the west side of OKC. All the east side has is Gunworld which means the east side has nothing. East side would be a great place. The rich people are in Edmond although Choctaw is really building up with big houses in new neighborhoods.

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I vote Norman. I chose that because that is where I live. As for where in Norman, the location at where the store I work at used to be is open at 804 N Porter. It is across the street from Norman Regional Hospital and gets tons of traffic. Plus it is right by one of the best eateries in Norman. I can get you info on the landlord if you would like.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Definitely north OKC or Edmond. Considering the number of similar businesses are a drive for those of us who live on the north side I think you'd have more business opportunity in north OKC or Edmond. The Nichols Hills area is big money so property costs would be too so a spot on the perimeter should do well. There is a LOT of growth on the north side of Memorial especially around Penn and North Portland, plus not a lot of competition so that would be an excellent area that's just going to get better as the years go on.

Kiyot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure what your draw was in Tulsa, if it was mostly word of mouth and internet vs driveby traffic. Do you just need an office to work out of or needing a storefront in a heavy traffic area? But, I agree with FullAuto that the east side might be a good area. There are a bunch of different unused buildings in MWC and Del City. If you can get around Tinker somewhere and get the word out on base, you might bring in a big base (pardon the pun) of people from there. Also along I-40 and maybe NE 23rd you would hit a bunch of the people driving to and from their homes out in rural east OK County that don't want to go all the way to the northside/southside or to H&H. I don't think that SE OKC is a very viable area unless you are talking close in SE area or more S than E.

To be honest I don't know how deep it gets over at Gunworld, but I do know how busy that H&H can get. And not sure where you are at business wise in terms of money, but I really think a good gunshop/range could really flourish on the east side. I think if the MWC gun range was still there at Reno/Air Depot that it would be making a ton of money. I bet you could cut into some of the customer base from H&H for 2 good reasons, closer to the east side and may not be as busy to begin with. And when it does pick up on being busy then hopefully you have woo'd them with great customer service and bring them in that way too. And if you have a good rep, and it gets around Gunworld won't have any affect on you, we all know gun sale competition would be ridiculous with them. I admit I've gone to Gunworld to shoot once maybe twice, but just quit because it's not worth knowing the kind of people they are. If there was another option on the east side I'd take it in a heartbeat.

I fully believe that east OK County might be more rural and there are plenty of gun owners out there but it's still turning more suburban and those people will need a place to shoot vs trying to find a buddy's land to shoot on.

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would vote for stay in Tulsa always treated with courtesy and greeted when I come in. Although I wish great luck and success no matter where the shop is. I would still drive to Okc if I had a gun needing the attention of your work though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom