Where to start?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I am pretty good with the 7mm but am thinking I would be better with a slightly less recoiling rifle. I guess I'm hoping someone will twist my arm into a new rifle (though I'm saving up for a different one already).

Don't poo-poo the ol' 30-30. Plenty of gun for OK deer hunting. Should be able to find good used ones around Tulsa.

tulsanewb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have another question about the regulations. The regulations state:

"Deer Gun Limit
One antlered and two antlerless deer, at least one antlerless deer must be harvested from Zone 2, 7 or 8"

My question is does that mean if I am in another region besides 2, 7, or 8 I cannot take an antlerless deer even if I have not (or don't plan on) taking another in 2, 7, or 8?

tulsanewb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm trying to keep all questions I have to one thread. I've been going over the WMA's (focusing on those that say deer are present in fair numbers but do not indicate they are highly sought after). I have driven to a couple (and now have a 4x4 vehicle much better suited to hunting!) but I expect all of them to be like tailgating parties before a game (overcrowded). Are there any WMAs anyone is aware of where I could use a small boat/canoe (yet to be purchased) to gain access to areas not accessible by foot? I know I cannot hunt from a motorized vessel, it would be solely to get where I otherwise could not go.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom