Where will you open carry, if anywhere?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

XDnOK

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do like the options that oc brings and thankful we may have the opportunity to do so but, doubtful I will use it very often. Now being less concerned about printing and summer wear is the BIG issue for me. I think I would feel odd carrying my 5" Kimber cocked & locked in a holster in public, seems out of place kinda like a race car on the street, it works just a bit of overkill (yeah pun intended)

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
no need to alarm folks especially in a crowd ...
no changes if this passes. low profile is always preferred.

cowmugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will probably be bau, but my wife is considering going full Sabrina. Pink, animal print, rhinestones, whatever makes her outfit look better and keep her weapon secure and accessible.

Anaconda40

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll continue to cc. But I like the idea that if I reach for something on a shelf, some pencil-neck lawyer doesn't try to stick a "brandishing" charge on me.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You kidding I got my old gun rack out for my pick-up and got er all dusted off!!!!

I am ready to put ole bessie back in the rear window where she belongs....

she has missed looking out the window....

Seriously I will open carry when I feel like it.... and CC all the other times....

I spend a lot of time in Arizona and you have not lived till you have been shopping in the wal-mart at 2am and the guy trying to decide which TV dinner to buy has an AR-15 on his back with mag in..... I briefly thought I had died and was in a wal-mart in heaven.... then realized NO I am just in a state that is freer than my own.... but hopefully we are going in the right direction...

:fullauto:

Why did you take it out?

§21-1289.7. Firearms in vehicles.
FIREARMS IN VEHICLES
Any person, except a convicted felon, may transport in a motor vehicle a rifle, shotgun or pistol, open and unloaded, at any time. For purposes of this section "open" means the firearm is transported in plain view, in a case designed for carrying firearms, which case is wholly or partially visible, in a gun rack mounted in the vehicle, in an exterior locked compartment or a trunk of a vehicle.
Any person, except a convicted felon, may transport in a motor vehicle a rifle or shotgun concealed behind a seat of the vehicle or within the interior of the vehicle provided the rifle or shotgun is not clip, magazine or chamber loaded. The authority to transport a clip or magazine loaded rifle or shotgun shall be pursuant to Section 1289.13 of this title.

Keyser328

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll continue to cc. But I like the idea that if I reach for something on a shelf, some pencil-neck lawyer doesn't try to stick a "brandishing" charge on me.

You cannot be charged with brandishing with a holstered weapon. Brandishing, by definition, is to wave or point a weapon in a threatening manner. You wouldn't have to worry there.

Another, unintended consequence I believe will happen is that more stores will put up the "No Carry" signs.

Luckily, those signs carry no legal weight BB. At best, the proprietor of the facility can ask you to leave.

Anaconda40

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You cannot be charged with brandishing with a holstered weapon. Brandishing, by definition, is to wave or point a weapon in a threatening manner. You wouldn't have to worry there.

Concur. But, that doesn't keep some young upstart of a prosecutor with a political agenda trying to make an example out of someone for an accidental display.

nephets0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Concur. But, that doesn't keep some young upstart of a prosecutor with a political agenda trying to make an example out of someone for an accidental display.

That's been a major fear for me. But as a consequence, my left arm apparently is getting stronger, reaching for the heavy crap up on the top shelf...

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like you, I will not be open carrying. I don't carry to prove to anyone I am Billy Bad Ass ... I carry to protect my family and myself. God willing I will never have to do that.
Not the only post in this thread stating the same thing quoted above so I am not picking on Badge Bunny who wrote it just commenting on the concepts behind it.

That said:

What the hell is wrong with those of you who think those who will choose to open carry are trying to prove they are Billy Bad Ass. Geez.

OC=Comfort
OC=Quicker Presentation if necessary
OC=A way to normalize the presence of firearms in our society thru desensification

I'm sure there are other reasons but those are my top three.

The tacticians can argue all they want that OC equals giving up the element of surprise and I'll argue right back that predators are hunting for prey not other predators.

The bliss ninny apologists can argue all they want that OC will scare the sheep and it is only polite to cover up. And I'll argue right back that I am not responsible for their neurosis or their phobias - they are. I will not be inconvenienced for them.

The politicians can cry out "there'll be blood in the streets" all they want and I'll shout back where is it? Show me!

And on and on and on...

Those of us who choose to open carry (assuming the government gives us permission - to do something that is a natural right) won't be doing it to prove we are Billy Bad Asses and it's down right insulting to be told that; especially by fellow firearms enthusiasts and freedom lovers that ought to know better.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I likely will not OC much, if at all. More than anything, I don't want to be paranoid if my shirt comes up as I reach for something.

This is exactly my stance however, i may relax with the concept later on and carry open or maybe partially concealed when out at the park or around my small town with little to no crowds.
I will carry openly when hunting or fishing. There are frequent reports of critters in the woods around here that can and will eat you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom