Who likes a good burrito?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtnboomr

Questionable Character
Special Hen
Reaction score
How do you differentiate between a burrito, an enchilada, and a chimichanga ?

I realize the Chimi is flash fried but other than that they all seem to be in the same category -- I personally prefer a Chimi
A Chimichanga is not Mexican. It's originally Peruvian. Although what we get here is a Tex-Mex version.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wasn’t a rice guy either until I tried Korean Bolgogi Dolsot Bibimbap at B-Won. I was totally skeptical but went anyway. Unbelievable!

This is where the guys from Tinker eat that have actually been to Korea.

I call it Korean redneck food! Trust me, you’ll like it.

Don’t forget the red sauce in liberal amounts!

View attachment 488883View attachment 488884
I lived in Korea for a year and visited a lot of the local food markets.
Still don’t care for rice. I do eat some on occasion, it’s not unpalatable to me, just doesn’t fit my preference of food to go for.
I did make note of that restaurant. We are in OKC occasionally and always looking for something new to try.

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of the very few things that I miss about growing up in San Diego are the taco shops literally everywhere. Burritos as big as a grown man's forearm full of nothing but your meat of choice, gaucamole, and some pico de gallo. No rice and beans in them. They were cheap as hell too. If you paid more than $4 you were at the wrong shop.

capnkirk462

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Alsup’s
Braum’s breakfast.
There is a place in Pecos Tx.
In New Mexico I ate a lot of them out of the back of vans and cars.
I am so happy Alsup's is in Oklahoma now, just 61 miles away from the best convenience store burritos and chimis. If it wasn't so hot I should go on my next days off. When I worked construction there was always some Senoritas going around selling burritos on the job sites. Damn tasty. And they were always looking for a gringo husband to stay in the country. In Albuquerque some of the best burritos and tamales were sold on street corners. Pollo or Roof Rabbit who knows?

Latest posts

Top Bottom