Why can't you all just go the speed limit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see all of the time on here people getting pulled over for speeding. Why is it that you guys can't just do the speed limit? Are you in that much of a hurry to get somewhere? If so then why not leave a bit earlier?

And stop running the red lights please :D
:explode: LET THE FLAMING BEGIN!

PS: I don't really care. I just figured this would get some people all hot and bothered. Your safety is not my concern.

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cause of you ain't first, you're last!

a1.bp.blogspot.com__kbujzs12lYY_TIAty3YXJzI_AAAAAAAAA28_zb3sohR1vtU_s1600_Ricky_Bobby_closeup.jpg

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That don't even make sense Ricky...you could be 2nd or 3rd, or hell...even 4th.

Seriously though, I'm usually the guy hanging out in the right lane doing 65 in a 70. As it turns out, 5 under does much better for fuel economy than 5 over. The sweet spot on my truck for max mileage seems to be around 55-60mph.

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That don't even make sense Ricky...you could be 2nd or 3rd, or hell...even 4th.

Seriously though, I'm usually the guy hanging out in the right lane doing 65 in a 70. As it turns out, 5 under does much better for fuel economy than 5 over. The sweet spot on my truck for max mileage seems to be around 55-60mph.

Nice. I wish I could find my sweet spot. I'm tired of filling up so often. Guess I got too used to my lil diesel VW so now this SUV is driving me nuts.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I can go for a long stretch at 55 (tooling down Sooner road for example) I can actually get the advertised max mileage of 23 ish. Stop and go driving kills me as it takes a lot of juice to get the beast moving.

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL, I do actually believe it or not. I got tired of being followed or pulled over. Now once i hit the speed limit on the highway i set the cruise & relax.

Now getting up to the speed limit I like to get on it a little but nothing excessive. I grew outta that after owning my car for a while. At first I was burnin tires everywhere i thought i could get away with it, LOL.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL, I do actually believe it or not. I got tired of being followed or pulled over. Now once i hit the speed limit on the highway i set the cruise & relax.

Now getting up to the speed limit I like to get on it a little but nothing excessive. I grew outta that after owning my car for a while. At first I was burnin tires everywhere i thought i could get away with it, LOL.

hell I know I'm gettin old I still like to play once in a while but overall I don't really speed and I get on the ole lady bout her speeding...I still drive hard but not nearly as bad I used to be....but I do gotta get some new tires...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom