Why can't you all just go the speed limit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As someone who is rarely in a hurry and who tools around on a motorcycle, I avoid the interstates. I can do 70 and be passed by some yahoo who is talking on the damn cell phone.

No one on this thread talks or text on the cell phone while driving. I am sure of it. It would take one hell of a hypocrite to flame on people for speeding and then get it their car with the cell phone out imo.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't disagree with you. Hell I think that a lot of our highway speed limits are too low! But the simple fact is that it is the law, and as a citizen of the country that I defend I will follow them.

Have you ever been on the Autobahn in Germany??? You think 10-15 over the speed limit I drive on the highway is crazy?? Why do you think those people are not at risk?? Because people know how to drive over there. Slow drivers are on the right lane and the left lane is for passing. Always pass on the left. You get ticketed for passing on the right.

Back to our highways though, as long as you drive in your slow lane and as long as you check your mirrors and you use your turn signals before you enter that lane that you know people go little bit faster and should be something you do regardless because you follow every law, then why should you be at risk?? You must be talking about those retards that drive recklessly, speeding in excess of 20+, weaving in and out of traffic, cutting people off. I don't do that.

Example, when I go to Norman on I-35, I go about 75-80 on the left lane. If I see someone approaching fast, I move over, let them pass me and I get back over, back to 75. How is that endangering you?? And don't feed me the it's the law crap. I know what the law is and I don't care. If I get pulled over for it, I will pay it, like I said before. I still need to know how Im engendering you though?? If anything, you sitting in the fast/passing lane doing the speed limit and not allowing a speeder to pass is more dangerous. That can go from a simple, get over and allow that person to pass, to pushing that person to become aggressive, upset him/her and force them to make a bad decision because now they are angry and not thinking right, they pass on the right, possibly forcing someone off the road because you want to prove a point and enforce a law that you have no responsibility over?? You know nothing about that guy behind you pushing you to move, what state of mind he is in or anything. You don't think that's reckless behavior coming from a person that is in the right state of mind and follows every law?? You don't think that's stupid and more dangerous then me passing you going 15 over on the left??

BluRaySS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why be a conformist? Fortunately our forefathers didn't conform.

Obeying the law is not conforming. It's being a part of a civilized society. Most the people that I meet that think the law is some nazi whatever wouldn't last a day without them.

No our forefathers established a society in which consisted of rational civilized ideals. They were then forced to make laws for those who could not control themselves in a manner that supported those ideals. Our forefathers came here for freedom of taxes, not the absence of law.

BluRaySS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Analogy fail.

A car is like a 72.00 caliber 28,000,000 grain bullet. Everyone is heading down range.

If you factor in the undivided highways and single lane roads, then no one should be driving, period, as their cars are never pointed in a "safe direction".

So then what was the point of your second sentence? It's not a failure at all. How would you feel in the situation he described?

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
No one on this thread talks or text on the cell phone while driving. I am sure of it. It would take one hell of a hypocrite to flame on people for speeding and then get it their car with the cell phone out imo.

I ONLY text while in the passing lane, it's even better if trying to stabilize a hot cup of coffee in the other hand while driving with your knees. It's a similar experience to playing the old "frogger" game, but you don't have to insert a quarter first.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ONLY text while in the passing lane, it's even better if trying to stabilize a hot cup of coffee in the other hand while driving with your knees. It's a similar experience to playing the old "frogger" game, but you don't have to insert a quarter first.

That takes talent :clap3: :lmfao:

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I like this, but can you juggle? lol

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never go over 1+ mph on anyday. Seriously, I just don't see the point. I have owned race teams/cars, done numerous different fields of racing, and never felt the need to endanger others around me, or spend my time in a courtroom.

It's all free will I guess, but if you see a white Tundra in front of you know that I am going to at least try to put speeders in the back of it.

Good man, got prop for you. I'm not gonna lie, I've got carried away sometime by music and didn't pay attention to my meter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom