Yeti/Pelican/RTIC/etc Coolers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonerbulldog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got my RTIC's in last week. Had to wait several months. They are the exact same. Don't waste your money on yeti. Got the big one and the small one with metal handle. They do what they say.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a yeti a brute box and a igloo sportsman all three work extremely well. We freeze and vacuum seal dinners to take to elk camp every year. Add 4-5lbs dry ice to the bottom add some ziploc bags with water frozen meals and ice on top and in 8-10 days the food is still frozen. I carry the brute box on the back of my feed truck in the summer when in the hay field and once cold only add a bag of ice every third day or so. That's on the back of a black flat bed in July and August heat. The brute box latches are superior to yeti. The igloo is nice as well. Less than half the price of a yeti and keeps stuff cold.

I've had an rtic on order for a couple months now and still haven't gotten it in. The demand was far greater than they expected. I'll update when it gets in.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm interested in the RTIC. I've always had Coleman or Igloo in the past.

RTIC is still my top choice, at least from a bang-for-your-buck perspective, but with a wait list until the end of June and a Memorial Day weekend camping trip planned as well as an 8-day camping trip planned at the beginning of July, I have to check them off my list unless I find one being sold by an owner.

I'm working with an OSA member now on probably picking up a Grizzly from him, though. Pending further research. So far they seem legit, though.

cody6766

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you need a can koozie to keep a beer cold for an hour, you probably should stick to the fruity wine coolers etc.
Well played, good sir. Well played. The hour was to test it/prove a point. I drank several in that hour, but left one (bottle, actually) in the OK summer sun to see how well it worked. The beer was still cool after an hour...and empty after an hour and 5.

crazyfish

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
RTIC is still my top choice, at least from a bang-for-your-buck perspective, but with a wait list until the end of June and a Memorial Day weekend camping trip planned as well as an 8-day camping trip planned at the beginning of July, I have to check them off my list unless I find one being sold by an owner.

I'm working with an OSA member now on probably picking up a Grizzly from him, though. Pending further research. So far they seem legit, though.

I agree. I wanted to get one, but didn't realize I had to order it at thanksgiving to get it in time to use this spring.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree. I wanted to get one, but didn't realize I had to order it at thanksgiving to get it in time to use this spring.

I ordered mine in October and have already paid for it. Still showing a June delivery on mine.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

Latest posts

Top Bottom