You’d Be Surprised At How Many People Don’t

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any ideas where to buy one at?
I bought one at Harbor Freight but it only has a I believe a 25 foot draw or lift. That lift is important because if your well is 100 feet I don't think it'll pump water. That is if you are referring to the red hand pump above. eBay does have one but it's a triffle expensive
Vintage Galvanized Metal Well Water Bucket Cylinder Tube 53 IN. Primitive Rustic
I've done a search on the internet and can't find a new 4" X 4' tubular well bucket. Plenty of PVC plans though.

Last edited:

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got one of those hand pumps I thought about attaching to the cover of my well for just in case. I put a rebuild kit in it do it's good to go. I bought a import one like it at a flea market that had never been used for another just in case. The old saying" two is one, one is none" .

My wife had the old one in her flower bed 😂 till I snatched it out of there. Too good to let ruin. I think it has a small chip on the spout. I need to get some pipe and put it in the well.
My cover on the well is just a piece of plywood so I can slide it off. Just notched for the well pipe on one side. It's classified as surface water since it's not a sealed well.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Think I'll just go to the well and use the generator to pump some water if the electric fails.
We have a spare pump and our water table is only 10-12 feet deep, very shallow well. I can pull the pump string out of the well by myself.

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You’d be surprised at how many people don’t know what this tubular thing is, most folks in my neighborhood as a kid had one. What is it?View attachment 358250
I have its cousin.
0ACE7645-1045-4B60-A0DC-193C11966BA2.jpeg

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You’d be surprised at how many people don’t know what this tubular thing is, most folks in my neighborhood as a kid had one. What is it?View attachment 358250
I don't know if I understand. So it has some type of check valve at the bottom? Does it drop all the way through the casing?

Can you take it out and shoot a video of it in use? Lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom