You can now get your OK SDA training online...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The test is 15 questions, 11 to pass, and two of the questions are pretty much repeats. The questions also only cover basic gun safety, nothing covering the legal portion.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Heck, those of us who have taught/taken the course know it's JUST NOT HARD. I mean, look, guys like Saddlebum, Piston 10, and even surjimmy passed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would be interested in seeing the content of the course.

A question for the SDA instructors here. How often does someone fail your training class?

I have had to flunk out a few, I really try to work with people and even invite them back to future classes for extra instruction and training. I also offer basic and advanced classes and have had quite a few novice shooters come to me for those classes. Out of 41 classes ranging from 4-35 people in a class I think I have only failed 3

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At my course and most every course I've heard of they gave us the answers. Which was unneccessary because...have you seen those questions?

I don't think I'd be inviting anyone who failed back. Unless they wanted to qualify with a nerf gun. Geeze.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems the only people who dont like it are in the business, I understand what it's like to lose business. But I don't have a problem with people doing the class part online as long as they still have to do their live shooting portion with a qualified instructor.

(Tapatalk)- on the road.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems the only people who dont like it are in the business, I understand what it's like to lose business. But I don't have a problem with people doing the class part online as long as they still have to do their live shooting portion with a qualified instructor.

(Tapatalk)- on the road.

Here's the problem I perceive, and the primary reason I am NO LONGER in the business: It is just too dangerous to allow anyone who shows up with an online certificate to walk onto the range and do the prescribed firing. PEOPLE SHOW UP TO DO THE CARRY CLASS WHO HAVE NEVER FIRED THE GUN THEY BRING, AND SOMETIMES NEVER FIRED AT ALL.
When I did classes, we passed around the blue guns and really drove home the safety, watching to see who was dangerous with the blue gun. Then they got lots of attention and help long before we went to the range and did dry and live fire. I got a chance to assess each individual and correct problems where possible. Nobody ever failed one of my classes due to the written test, but some did due to gun handling violations.

So if I were still in the business, you could do the written test online if you wanted, but from me you would get the WHOLE COURSE at the SAME PRICE as everyone else, unless you could show me another course certificate or competitors card. My insurance costs the same either way, and I REALLY don't like being swept, even by an empty gun.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Once we've devolved into meaningless online training, there is no point in requiring training. All we are doing is moving money around and printing paper certificates.

We need to move to Consititutional carry and stop the silliness.

This right here.

I say anything that makes it easier/more convenient for people to exercise their rights is a step in the right direction, recognizing of course that there should be no prior restraint whatsoever on such a right in the first place.

chigger digger

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
“No state shall convert a liberty into a license, and charge a fee therefore.” (Murdock v. Pennsylvania, 319 U.S. 105)

“If the State converts a right (liberty) into a privilege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right (liberty) with impunity.” (Shuttlesworth v. City of Birmingham, Alabama, 373 U.S. 262)

Latest posts

Top Bottom