You, sir, have a set of steel ones.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Wow no kidding! Looks like the Lynx is a capable machine.............:yikes2:

Last edited by a moderator:

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, but think about the skill and confidence of the guy guiding him in and the trust the pilot places in him. The craft and the people inside are in his hands too. The pilot doesn't commit to setting down till that guy gives him the signal to do so.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, but think about the skill and confidence of the guy guiding him in and the trust the pilot places in him. The craft and the people inside are in his hands too. The pilot doesn't commit to setting down till that guy gives him the signal to do so.

My thoughts too. They work as a team to keep everyone involved safe.

A family member is a Navy helicopter pilot. I think I just gained even more respect for him.

Riley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most US ships have a deck mounted system that latches onto a cable and can actually pull them onto the deck, then traverse them into a hanger.

The only thing better than that is being in the helo control tower, in heavy weather at night, watching the blade tips get closer and closer with the position lights strobing.....

Creates a neat affect until you recognize the possible consequences if anyone, you included, screw up.

Ahhh, the memories...

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Absolutely incredible, glad you guys mention the team approach. most folks don't realize how much work goes on outside the cockpit to make stuff like this possible. the pilot ain't the only one clankin' that day.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Creates a neat affect until you recognize the possible consequences if anyone, you included, screw up.

Ahhh, the memories...

I was thinking about that when I was watching the video. I'm not sure I would have been able to stand there and do that signal guy's job (sorry, dunno what the official term is) ... I'm kinda thinking that anybody who is out on the flight deck during any kind of operation has trouble with tearing the inseam outta their pants pretty regularly ... :naughty:

And thank you for your service ...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Amazing. In Korea, I was stationed on a 3500' mountain and the Chinooks only had 25' of clearance from the sides to land on our pad. Even with winds at 5omph, they landed perfectly every time. That's a whole lot different than landing on that ship though. Great job!

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Amazing. In Korea, I was stationed on a 3500' mountain and the Chinooks only had 25' of clearance from the sides to land on our pad. Even with winds at 5omph, they landed perfectly every time. That's a whole lot different than landing on that ship though. Great job!

Which Mountain? ...I think I was on all of them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom