3 years right down the crapper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
See what I mean, Kyle?

Wait until it happens in real life. People sure loved to tell my sister about her marriage this summer. Because they were married too so they know all about my sister and her husband and what they should do and what kind of people they both are. Once you are in a relationship you have been in every relationship and once you've been married you have been in every marriage. That's how it works.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
See what I mean, Kyle?

Wait until it happens in real life. People sure loved to tell my sister about her marriage this summer. Because they were married too so they know all about my sister and her husband and what they should do and what kind of people they both are. Once you are in a relationship you have been in every relationship and once you've been married you have been in every marriage. That's how it works.

so Dr. Phil, did you fix it for them??

what does your sister have to do with this? not every girl is your sister.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
264, don't take advice about your relationships from other people, unless their advice is "don't take advice about your relationships from other people - then take it.

Take it as it comes and for damn sure don't let people who have never met her tell you about what kind of person she is or predict the future for you. People love to do that, though - it makes them feel better about their own, mulitple failed relationships to tell you how to handle yours. You'll get it here and you'll get it in real life from people that barely know either of you. Smile, nod and think of a grinder monkey dancing when they start doling out advice.

None of us can predict the future. Few of us can interpret the past without calling our own experience into account. What matters most is that 264 seems to be among friends here--that is, among people who care about how he's doing and how he's dealing with this situation. We don't have to know him to do that; we simply have had to go thru a situation similar to his. Having gone thru something like it ourselves, we can hazard a guess as to how it affects someone else, and we offer what advice we can. That is what they call "empathy." The world would be a far sight sorrier without empathy...no matter how misguided it would appear to be applied in this case.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so Dr. Phil, did you fix it for them??

I don't give relationship advice, and other parties can't fix relationships for other people. Probably why people talk to me. I just laugh at people that think because they have relationship experience it makes then qualified to judge other people and predict the future.

Anyways, you were telling us about 264's ex and what she's gonna do in the future. Please continue.

None of us can predict the future. Few of us can interpret the past without calling our own experience into account. What matters most is that 264 seems to be among friends here--that is, among people who care about how he's doing and how he's dealing with this situation. We don't have to know him to do that; we simply have had to go thru a situation similar to his. Having gone thru something like it ourselves, we can hazard a guess as to how it affects someone else, and we offer what advice we can. That is what they call "empathy." The world would be a far sight sorrier without empathy...no matter how misguided it would appear to be applied in this case.

Empathy is fine. Shitting on someone's ex is not empathy, and saying "you're an idiot if you give her another chance" is not empathy.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't give relationship advice, and other parties can't fix relationships for other people. Probably why people talk to me. I just laugh at people that think because they have relationship experience it makes then qualified to judge other people and predict the future.

Anyways, you were telling us about 264's ex and what she's gonna do in the future. Please continue.

where did you get that??

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
where did you get that??

Right here:

I say you're torn with emotion right now and need some time away... if you get back together, the same sh1t is gonna happen.
now do you want to spend the next 40 years walking on egg shells???

Not singling you out because you're one of many; just replying because you asked.

so, she dumped you and now you're defending her??? dude....

This is also helpful advice.

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so, she dumped you and now you're defending her??? dude....
Yes. That's what happens when you've been friends with someone for almost half your life. What am I supposed to do, blow up her car and burn the house down? Cuss like there's no tomorrow and recant how vile and horrible a person she is? That doesn't seem like a healthy way to deal with the problem.

Latest posts

Top Bottom