90 F150 problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m getting ready to pull the bed on the 95 again. The front pump might be bad even though it’s new.
Good lord. Parts quality is a real problem. But if even if you can find motorcraft, it's way too expensive for an old truck. I'm running on one fuel pump still. Hope I don't end up stranded.

Be sure to test your tank switch before you do the pump again. Just resistance between the positions. Keep flipping the switch and testing could it could be loose or corroded. Also make sure your hood gasket thing is not torn because water runs down into all that stuff on mine now. And my windshield leaks. Gotta do that next.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Good lord. Parts quality is a real problem. But if even if you can find motorcraft, it's way too expensive for an old truck. I'm running on one fuel pump still. Hope I don't end up stranded.

Be sure to test your tank switch before you do the pump again. Just resistance between the positions. Keep flipping the switch and testing could it could be loose or corroded. Also make sure your hood gasket thing is not torn because water runs down into all that stuff on mine now. And my windshield leaks. Gotta do that next.
I replaced the switch. It was cheap but didn’t solve the problem.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@montesa it acts like it’s starved for fuel if I give it to much throttle. It’s got the pressure gauge on it now. Wanted to check pressure before I pull the bed again. Sure enough, about 22 psi for the front and about 28 for the rear

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CFDE8D17-B7DE-466E-8C92-E8F6FB5C3E69.jpeg
EDDE181B-BD60-4093-9AB5-A09905D152B5.jpeg

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see. Man that sucks. Well, I just went for a short drive and the new alternator whistles at RPM. Got back and touched it and it seems way too hot. Probably have to swap it before it burns up. Oh well. Should have known for 40 bucks it might not be a deal.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After some research I think my battery is going bad and over working the alternator. The whistle, I bet is due to an alignment issue or the cooling fins not being perfect even though I straightened them. Probably just going to get new everything at this point.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wonder if the whistling could be a bad bearing from when the dope of a delivery guy dropped it on your doorstep?
Could be but I spun it a lot and the bearings seemed smooth. I think the whistling will stop if I bend those fins out a little more. I read online that alternators are usually too hot to touch. Never touched one before so I don't know. My battery is most likely on it's way out. On the charger it won't get above 63 percent so that could have burned out my other alternator.

Somewhat new to this stuff so I just figure it out as I go.

Voltage is showing a steady 13.6 at idle so it is charging correctly as is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom