A FINE day it is

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A/C quit, last night. Outside unit dead. Got power, inside fan and thermostat working fine, but outside compressor and fan, nothing.

Can't get a service man out until "sometime" tomorrow

Looks like I will be "camping:. RV may just sit most days, just times are, it is much needed and appreciated.

Been looking at a new truck, guess that is on hold for a while. Good thing, I don't think my blood pressure can take much more dealing with car salesmen. Have I ever mentioned, "I hate car salesmen."

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A/C quit, last night. Outside unit dead. Got power, inside fan and thermostat working fine, but outside compressor and fan, nothing.

Can't get a service man out until "sometime" tomorrow

Looks like I will be "camping:. RV may just sit most days, just times are, it is much needed and appreciated.

Been looking at a new truck, guess that is on hold for a while. Good thing, I don't think my blood pressure can take much more dealing with car salesmen. Have I ever mentioned, "I hate car salesmen."
Replace the capacitor on the outside unit? It's a cheap attempt and may be the fix..

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get a couple of those mini split units and get those installed.
Excellent backups for when main unit goes out.
They also help to supplement the main unit and are very efficient.
I put one in my house, only 1000 sq. Ft. And my electric bill actually stayed the same or went down a couple of dollars per month.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get a couple of those mini split units and get those installed.
Excellent backups for when main unit goes out.
They also help to supplement the main unit and are very efficient.
I put one in my house, only 1000 sq. Ft. And my electric bill actually stayed the same or went down a couple of dollars per month.
LoL, I ordered 2, online, last week. They haven't been delivered, yet.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The unit is 7 years old. Hasn't been cooling like it should, on these hotter days. Was feeling like it needed freon added. Then this.

All breakers are good. Nothing tripped.

I operated a Fluke Authorized Service Center, but never worked with A/C. My problem now, is breathing with this heat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom