A Scam Going Around

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always have a gun with me and when I receive a scam call I have been known to step outside if I’m not already outside and tell them to hold on a second and then I holler out, “I told you to get off of my property, I’m not telling you again “ then I fire off a couple rounds, while holding the phone close to the pistol. They have already hung up when I get back to the phone to ask them what they need.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Answer the phone, let the fun begin.

When pagers were abundant and cell phones just starting, Greater Houston area had 1 area code. They broke it up and made 3 area codes. A new Wally World had the same number as my house. Wally had a new area code, I had the old area code. The month of December and my phone rang constantly. One evening, I was fed up and so ......
Me: hello
Idget: do you have (trailer trash) Barbie
Me: no, haven't seen her
Idget: can you check?
Me: hold (lay phone down)
I was watching a movie and forgot.
Wif: why is phone laying here?
Me: I forgot......... hello
Idget: do you price match?
Me: no
Idget: why not? Kmart price matches.
Me: go to Kmart
Idget: they don't have the Barbie I want.
Me: sounds like personal problem.
Idget: you're rude
Me: you're stupid
Idget: I will never shop WalMart again.
Me: good, maybe you won't call here again.
Idget: I'm going to complain to your Manager
Me: I doubt that
Idget: what is your name?
Me: the person smart enough to know a business isn't going to answer a phone call "hello".
Idget: I know I called WalMart. Do you have (trailer trash?) BARBIE? Do you price match?
Me: No and NO.
Idget: when will you have them and how much are they?
Me: I don't know and $69.99
Idget: Target is $5.99, Kmart is $6.99. Why are you so much?
Me: do you want me to hold one or not?
Idget: this is ridiculous, I'm going to another store.
Me: you haven't gone anywhere yet. All you have done is dial wrong numbers and you're too stupid to know that.
Idget: I know what number I dialed and I'm going to get you fired. (click)

That was fun.

KroyWen

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At my office, if I happen to answer the phone to some random telemarketer, I just interrupt them and say look whatever it is I want it , And here’s my credit card number and start ripping off numbers to them.. They can’t hang up fast enough.

bigb159

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was a huge data breach in the past months, and I'm pretty sure my info was leaked.

I've been getting scam emails with a threat letter stating that they had the "camera on my laptop recoding while i was watching pr0n. I should pay them or they will release to my family."

Pr0n is poison for the body and soul. I have it blocked from my household at a router level.

My cameras are always blocked unless I am in a meeting.

The thing is they now add my address to the email, which is really alarming and bothersome. I'm putting in cameras with human detection this weekend. Thinking of teaching my collie "balls" and "kill" commands, though he'd probably run away from and aggressor, the chicken.

The one redeeming part of this email is that you can tell the photo is auto-generated from street view, since it looks like a shot of my neighbor's fence.

I just have to accept that nothing is private anymore, and I should put my efforts into proactive defense, the kind that exits a metal tube at 2000+ fps.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, with all the negative comments about fakebook and tictoc, why does a subscription to those platforms become insanely important?
When asking those questions in years past, always get the “keep in touch with relatives”
I’m thinking snoop on relatives as people put stupid shat on line,all the time and relatives want to see it.
My relatives know my phone number. They know my email.
If I’m to be contacted they can choose to call my lawyer.
There was a huge data breach in the past months, and I'm pretty sure my info was leaked.

I've been getting scam emails with a threat letter stating that they had the "camera on my laptop recoding while i was watching pr0n. I should pay them or they will release to my family."

Pr0n is poison for the body and soul. I have it blocked from my household at a router level.

My cameras are always blocked unless I am in a meeting.

The thing is they now add my address to the email, which is really alarming and bothersome. I'm putting in cameras with human detection this weekend. Thinking of teaching my collie "balls" and "kill" commands, though he'd probably run away from and aggressor, the chicken.

The one redeeming part of this email is that you can tell the photo is auto-generated from street view, since it looks like a shot of my neighbor's fence.

I just have to accept that nothing is private anymore, and I should put my efforts into proactive defense, the kind that exits a metal tube at 2000+ fps.
I got that same email a couple of years ago. Wanted $600.
Any dummy replying or paying up was just on the hook for more. I reported it to microsoft and deleted the email. Never heard from them again.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why are people, Oklahomans in particular, afraid to answer the phone?
Seriously it is frustrating and baffling to me.

Sure there are spam calls. Answer it then hang up. What's the big deal?
I have an out of state phone number that I got years ago when I lived in another state.
When I call folks in OK, folks on this board sometimes, I get sent straight to voicemail.
Even small businesses will ignore my calls.

Why would someone publish their phone number for the world to see for their business - then ignore potential customers?

Here's why you shouldn't be afraid to answer the phone. Some day that strange area code on your caller ID may be a loved one in need.

Happened to me.
One evening my phone rang, weird out of state number. I answered it and a lady I've never met said she was with my son on the side of I44. He had been in a motorcycle crash. His phone was no good but he had my number memorized and was able to contact me. Thank God he wasn't badly hurt and glad I hadn't ignored that call and was able to go get him.
They can leave a message. I look at the message and decide then.

Latest posts

Top Bottom