accurate 22 rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For $500 you can definetly get a CZ-452 and a good scope. I've got the CZ-452 Varmint with the 21" Heavy barrel and a cheap BSA 6-18x40mm Sweet 22 scope that at 100 yrds I can put quarter size groups into using CCI mini-mags (which is what mine seems to love). I love the adjustable trigger on the CZ-452's, very nice and light and clean.

I've also got a Marlin Model 60 semi-auto tube fed that's accurate too. Just not quite as good though... something about it being a plinker compared to a bench rest gun.

Randall

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't know what your idea of affordable is or how much time you are going to spend with this rifle.

Dollar for dollar there is probably nothing finer than a CZ.
Great craftsmanship, beautiful rifle, wins lots of competitions.

A CZ-452 brand new goes for about $350-$400

I sure like mine. :)

Another vote for a CZ 452. Any better rifle and you will be looking at an Anschutz.Unless you can find a used target rifle the CZ is the best value going.

BigRed82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CZ 452. Silenttim, FALguy, myself, and many many others on the forum have the American 16" model. With .22lr, you don't need anything longer than a 16" barrel anyways, and the 16" model is already threaded for a suppressor. All you need is a $30 adapter (and the suppressor), and you can stick the fun can on and start Pfft Pffting.

I cannot recommend the Eric Brooks trigger kit enough. Best $15 you can spend on your CZ452. Silenttim has his trigger at 13oz and I have mine at 15oz. Barely any pretravel or overtravel.

I bought a Mueller APV scope for mine for $115 shipped. 4.5x14x40mm. Great scope. Worth every penny. Highly recommended over at rimfirecentral.

Check out the CZ452! You'll be glad you did. :)

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
CZ 452. Silenttim, FALguy, myself, and many many others on the forum have the American 16" model. With .22lr, you don't need anything longer than a 16" barrel anyways, and the 16" model is already threaded for a suppressor. All you need is a $30 adapter (and the suppressor), and you can stick the fun can on and start Pfft Pffting.

I cannot recommend the Eric Brooks trigger kit enough. Best $15 you can spend on your CZ452. Silenttim has his trigger at 13oz and I have mine at 15oz. Barely any pretravel or overtravel.

I bought a Mueller APV scope for mine for $115 shipped. 4.5x14x40mm. Great scope. Worth every penny. Highly recommended over at rimfirecentral.

That's going to be my next .22 rifle. I want to see how quiet it is with my Pilot. They're good looking, which is a bonus.

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Wow! Thanks for the info on the trigger kit! Gonna have to try that with mine now.

BigRed82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here are some pics of Silenttim's CZ as well as mine:
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v396_jaronhudgins_Firearms_IMG_2492.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v396_jaronhudgins_Firearms_IMG_2494.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v396_jaronhudgins_Firearms_IMG_2499.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v396_jaronhudgins_Firearms_IMG_2363.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v396_jaronhudgins_Firearms_IMG_2497.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom