Advice from the experts: Stance,grip,practice...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Progress report.

Now, that all said, scale back slightly on your vigor (to a point where you dont have as much of the soreness) and try to do your SD training on your off days. Or maybe try a work-out routine where you only work a few muscles groups 1 day a week (6 days workout, 1 day dedicated for a particular muscle group or pair of muscle groups). Give your body a time to heal so the soreness wont be so bad the next time
I actually changed to a format close to this advice. Instead of grouping my push and pull muscle groups in 2 all in one workouts with my leg day in between, I split the muscle group workouts up. My synergist muscle groups I totally isolated away from the large muscle groups and set up a schedule of several mini workouts,basically seperating them from each other. Much improvement. I had been on 3 workouts a week splits and was doing my shooting on off days which was wrong because those off days were recuperation days and I was a little sore because I was too gungho with the poundages. So I set up a 6 day split,scaled back on the weights adding more reps and sets and also added a few more exercises to hit the muscles from even more angles. I also added more cardio by doing more boxing and spending more time on the bike. And I shoot the day of a workout now when I am all fresh and recuperated. I feel much better. The weight is falling off and I'm on track to be ready to go out and work here next month. I dont know how many years I have left playing the guitar but at 41 I know I have many years of working out ahead. You just have to adjust your program a little differently at an older age when your body is slowing down.

Thanx to any advice given.

Latest posts

Top Bottom