Aerial speeding patrols in OK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To officially answer the ancient question, OHP is still running at least one plane.
Screenshot_20220516-161956.png

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive talked with someone who knows about the toll booths on the turnpikes. They have the ability to time you at each one. That can be calculated into a speed by a computer program. He said they don't have the ability to send out tickets, but they know the tag numbers of the habitual speeders. Same goes for those radar boxes at stop lights. They monitor your speed through the intersections. It actually transmits a lot of data for a stop light sensor.

James Abram

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Also goes for I-40 and I-44. I do 75 (The speed limit), because I get much better gas mileage, and everyone passes me like I'm sitting still. It amazes me how people complain about gas prices but then waste it by speeding to save just 5 minutes.
Just make sure you’re not doing that slow arse speed in the left lane!!🤣🤣

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Also goes for I-40 and I-44. I do 75 (The speed limit), because I get much better gas mileage, and everyone passes me like I'm sitting still. It amazes me how people complain about gas prices but then waste it by speeding to save just 5 minutes.
I can make more money. I can't make more time.

GunSlingingPlatypus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So.....OHP is using a "workaround". Speeding is a misdemeanor. It must be witnessed by the ticketing officer in real time. Hence, why there are no traffic cameras mailing out tickets. It's illegal here in Oklahoma. So an airplane can radio ahead that such and such car is approaching speeding but the Trooper on the ground must actually laser the speeder, pull them over, and write them the ticket. Any ticket given to a driver not witnessed by the ticketing officer would get thrown out.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So.....OHP is using a "workaround". Speeding is a misdemeanor. It must be witnessed by the ticketing officer in real time. Hence, why there are no traffic cameras mailing out tickets. It's illegal here in Oklahoma. So an airplane can radio ahead that such and such car is approaching speeding but the Trooper on the ground must actually laser the speeder, pull them over, and write them the ticket. Any ticket given to a driver not witnessed by the ticketing officer would get thrown out.

Can you imagine the cost to keep an aircraft up these days? The lengths the state will go to to keep folks in line is astounding.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive talked with someone who knows about the toll booths on the turnpikes. They have the ability to time you at each one. That can be calculated into a speed by a computer program. He said they don't have the ability to send out tickets, but they know the tag numbers of the habitual speeders. Same goes for those radar boxes at stop lights. They monitor your speed through the intersections. It actually transmits a lot of data for a stop light sensor.
Not too long ago when I had my M4 and did quite a few really hot trips between mustang and Edmond via the turnpike and mustang to those. Never got a ticket or a letter or anything. My trips from mustang to Edmond were consistent and on a schedule too, as I was typically trying to get to one of my college classes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom