Alright everyone, which one is most important?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cooljeff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree, love or like what you are doing ....... Why be unhappy for a few dollars more? Life is short ....... get the most out of it .... :)

I totally agree with this comment, I believe this sums up what most of all feel about this issue. Thanks everyone, I have been really interested to see the general consensus around here.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have made significant decisions, including moving to OK for a position I really wanted, that will limit my ability to continue up the corporate ladder including becoming an executive with the company. I made these decisions because my family and our happiness were much more important to me than being the next high paid exec with no life outside of work. I do not regret my decisions at all, I love my job, my family, my friends, and OSA :-)

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People always say "live each day like it was your last". That's the biggest load of bullcrap ever; nobody can do that. What you can do is live each day to where if it turned out to be your last, you wouldn't be completely fawking disgusted with yourself about how you've been living (IE, long hours at a job you loathe with every fiber of your being). That's my goal.

Money has never been a motivator for me. I've turned down opportunities that could have led to more money, simply because I hate working (well, working a job. If you gave me a couple thousand acres of woods I'd work on it everyday. Anyone want to?) , and I hate stress. The best thing about money to me is that it affords you freedom. Some people have a lot more money than others, but we all have a limit on how much time we have. If you have to hate life for a while to get money to enjoy life later, that's not worth it to me. Cliche bullcrap, but you really don't know that you'll make it to retirement. Enjoy life while you can, as best you can.

I've pretty much set my life up to where I'm not saddled by bills and debt that force me to work a high paying job (that I would hate). A lot of it was just luck that I was able to make halfway decent money at a young age and get things headed that way. What I do now is OK because it pays decent when I'm busy, and allows me free time when it's slow. In the fall of 2009 it was really slow and I hunted 4-6 days a week during deer season. It was a blast. Now I could aggressively try to get more work, and perhaps double what my income has been lately, but the money isn't worth it to me.

If it ever dries up, or gets to be a drag on me, I think I'd be able to take a part-time "no thinking required" job while going back to school or changing career paths to something I enjoy. Hopefully I can avoid ever having a job I loathe.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I make tons and tons of money. That's right, poor ignernt is richern ten foot up a bull's ath, but he's still not happy.
Happy?I don't know anybody thats happy.By the way, don't use the superlative when you mean to use the comparative... juss sayin

Latest posts

Top Bottom