Alright everyone, which one is most important?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would love to have the ideal job that I love and make good money doing it but the reality is that I had kids early, before I made something of myself. So now I work a job I don't like that pays ok so I can take care of my responsibilities and get my kids things my dad never did for me.

I applaud you, sir. That is a very honorable thing. I took the original question as a theoretical, if you had the option kind of thing. But your answer is correct too. As cooljeff mentioned, you can always try to change your career. I hope the right opportunity comes along for you.

Twmaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To me money is not everything. Yes, it is important. I work a job that will not give me full time and has an 83 mile round trip commute. The up side? Flexibility. And I like my boss. The work is not miserable. Some days I'd really rather not be there. I could take a crap job closer to home that I'd hate every minute of. instead I trade some good positives for a little time and gas expense. for now I'm going to work this job until the economy gets moving and I can find a good paying job that my skill sets fit.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a continuum. If (on a ten-point scale) "love my job" comes in at, say, 4, and the money's a 7 or 8, I can manage that. Ditto if it's reversed. If "love my job" is a 1, then we'd best be talking enough money to retire in the next two years; I could put up with a lot for a year or to, but I'd have to know that I'd be retiring by 33 to do so.

Eddymonster

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you don't at least like your job you probably won't do it as well.

Not true in my case. I don't really like the job but when I do it, it's 110%, why, because it reflects me, who I am and what I stand for. If I do shady work, what does it say about me and how long do you think I'll have a job for?

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to work a job I hated but paid well to have extra money to buy things that make me happy. Now that my wife's implants are paid for, I took a 35% pay cut last year to do a job I love.

pinkhamr

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I agree, love or like what you are doing ....... Why be unhappy for a few dollars more? Life is short ....... get the most out of it .... :)

Last edited:

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
They say that money isn't everything, mmm.
I'd like to see you live without it!

Took a 25% pay and benifits cut in 2003 and still without a contract. Executives still getting millions in bonuses and stock. Really dislike the company practices, don't mind the work, really enjoy most of the people I work with.
Very underpaid for the liability/responsibilty of the work.
It pays the bills but I don't like going to work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom