Anyone else have a SHTF Bag or Bug Out Bag?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Query me this:

Where, praytell, do people plan to bug out TO? If the SHTF, the place to be which is the most defensible, is your home, be it a house or apartment. The correct concept for most people, seems to me, is the "BIR" (the "Bug-IN Room") in your house, not the "BOB". Unless you have a secondary home/ranch, the BOB is nonsense from the get-go - ain't it? What am I missing?

ok, cjjtulsa beat me to it - ditto.

Urban survival makes sense to me.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
assuming the Gov isent locking down the city, thats a reason enough to leave. upon declaration of a national emergency all constitutional law is suspended.
theres other SHTF type scenarios like a house fire, earth quake (google New madrid fault) and of course tornados.¨

heres my bag

First Aid Bag Advil, lip balm, sunscreen, bug spray, hand sanitizer, triple antibiotic. Prescription meds, Band-Aids, Medical Tape, antiseptic wipes, 1 razor
¨ TOILETRIES
Wisp toothbrushes ,deodorant, toilet paper, camp soap, wet wipe's nail clippers, tweezers, Q tips,
¨ led flash lights (2 recommended) 10 12hour glow sticks
spare batteries
knives
50/50 para cord (2 25ft sections)
fire starting, at least 2 methods Lighters 2, Magnesium starter compass, Cash
¨ hand warmers, 6 sets USB drive with personal Info.
¨ iphone charger
¨ Kel Tec Folding Rifle
¨ My Vacuum sealed cloths. Underwear, jeans, socks, tee shirts Hat.
¨ Wife and daughters Vacuum sealed cloths
¨ Laminated or waterproof list of contacts and numbers
¨ MREs or hi calorie bars/non perishable FOOD
¨ Water filter cup
¨ Sterno can 1
¨ Map
¨ Flask W/ Whiskey
¨ 24”s of aluminum foil for cooking
¨ 4 Glock .40 cal mags/ loaded
¨ beef jerky
¨ 6 Zip Ties
¨ 12v power inverter
¨ rain ponchos
¨ solar powered battery source
¨ Vaseline soaked cotton balls
¨ Plastic ware (sporks)
¨ Deck of Cards
¨ Two way radios
¨ Ipod
¨ headphones

Is this a list you put together? I'm wondering why you would carry all the electronics.

GlockedandLoaded

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i may be alone for long periods of time, so to keep my sanity i have the ipod. or for my g friends 7 yrd daughter. 2 way radios for communication, they also have a built in weather radio. only other thing i have in there as far as electronics is my flashlight and batteries.
and yes i put it together the list myself. your bag is going to be specific to your self. my personal meds, extra pair of glasses. bottle of b-12
theres no perfect contents.
i can survive at least 3 days off my pack alone.
im planing on bugging in but i live 120 miles from the new madrid fault, then theres tornados, fire, and in the case i have to be on the run from an international drug cartel

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i may be alone for long periods of time, so to keep my sanity i have the ipod. or for my g friends 7 yrd daughter. 2 way radios for communication, they also have a built in weather radio. only other thing i have in there as far as electronics is my flashlight and batteries.
and yes i put it together the list myself. your bag is going to be specific to your self. my personal meds, extra pair of glasses. bottle of b-12
theres no perfect contents.
i can survive at least 3 days off my pack alone.
im planing on bugging in but i live 120 miles from the new madrid fault, then theres tornados, fire, and in the case i have to be on the run from an international drug cartel

I hope you didn't take my question as negative criticism. I asked merely because I find it interesting what people think is essential for themselves.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have get home bags, and one kind of bug out bag. I have several bags set up with different **** though.
THIS....my gear is set to get me back Home ...if the need arises.
I live between Kmart and Wallys....Ill be glad to take afew things off their inventory...after all....They wont be needing it anymore.
Several places in the woods....

sixseven

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sorry but am I the only one on this board that sees absolutely no use in a BOB? I mean, are there that many people that think the .gov is going to collapse and they're going to be Denzel from Book of Eli?

P.S. I can't help but noticing in many posts on this forum (just like any other internet forum) that people seem to love stretching the truth a bit. "I have this and that and the other". I'm willing to bet when it comes down to the last day of the Mayan calendar and we're all out and about in the apocolypse, we'll see a lot of folks in person and they won't be carrying all of those amazing weapons or driving those amazing vehicles or holed up at their amazing bug out headquarters that we read so much about on OSA.

I've now officially opened myself up to flaming.... so start now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom