AR prices- what is considered a good deal these days?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zandroes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with $1000 for a basic AR. If you are going to spend $2000+, why not get a premium rifle. Not a standard DPMS, Bushmaster, or anything like those.

ibanda

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Hold on to your money while you read up and figure out what you want, and prices come back down to earth. You can get started on your own build if you can find a stripped lower and a lower parts kit for $200 to $250. They are a challenge to find right now but not impossible.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Local Wal-Mart got two M4's today, both sold as soon as they came off the truck. Still don't get how some people know exactly what day and time to be standing at the counter when this stuff happens. I'd been there less than five minutes earlier and nothing/nobody was there, walked over to pick up some light bulbs and when I got back it was too late.

Phildo64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Trust me Im 60-75% done with my MK12 MOD 0 build using Noveske receiver(s) and Ive got about $550 into it. You've just gotta be vigilant.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Local Wal-Mart got two M4's today, both sold as soon as they came off the truck. Still don't get how some people know exactly what day and time to be standing at the counter when this stuff happens. I'd been there less than five minutes earlier and nothing/nobody was there, walked over to pick up some light bulbs and when I got back it was too late.

I dont either but i see them camping out in walmart every day it seems like. Either waiting on guns or ammo.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Colt LE6920 Semi Auto Rifle .223 Rem/5.56 NATO 16.1" Barrel 20 Rounds Collapsible Stock Removable Carry Handle Black LE6920 - $3195

S&W M&P15OR Optics Ready Rifle .223 Rem/5.56 NATO 16" M4 Barrel 30 Rounds Flat Top with Railed Gas Block M4 Stock Black - $1795

Bushmaster Optics Ready (O.R.C.) 223 Remington/5.56x45mm NATO 16" M4 Barrel 30 Rounds Black M4 Collapsible Buttstock - $1595

Yeah right ... I can wait.

vicious

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've seen AR's at three places in Duncan this week, two new, and a couple used. All were under $1000. two just over $800. I'm relatively certain they're probably gone by now, but they are in and out. You just need to be patient. That said, if you want some of the more customized stuff, start grabbing the pieces and keep your feelers out for a lower.

Latest posts

Top Bottom