AT&T bait and switch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone know if Verizon FIOS is available in OKC?

Talked to a buddy of mine recently who is a Verizon store manager and according to him (and the website) there are no plans for FIOS in Oklahoma any time in the near future. Something about lack of infrastructure.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Talked to a buddy of mine recently who is a Verizon store manager and according to him (and the website) there are no plans for FIOS in Oklahoma any time in the near future. Something about lack of infrastructure.

Sounds like they want someone else to build the "infrastructure." That would be us. AT&T tunes meat whistles.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My street seems to attract more than its share of door to door salespersons.

AT&T hits me about once a month. My latest response was, and I can sound a whole lot like a fundamentalist preacher when I want to, "BE GONE YOU SPAWN OF SATAN!!!!" I had more prepared, but they were at the end of my sidewalk still gaining speed before I could deliver the second line. Probably didn't help that I was in a ratty camo T-shirt with my little remaining hair standing up in Dilbert's pointy haired boss fashion.

I hope everyone has seen the movie "Second Hand Lions" for the way the boys dealt with salesmen. If you haven't, it's worth it just for that.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My street seems to attract more than its share of door to door salespersons.

AT&T hits me about once a month. My latest response was, and I can sound a whole lot like a fundamentalist preacher when I want to, "BE GONE YOU SPAWN OF SATAN!!!!" I had more prepared, but they were at the end of my sidewalk still gaining speed before I could deliver the second line. Probably didn't help that I was in a ratty camo T-shirt with my little remaining hair standing up in Dilbert's pointy haired boss fashion.

I hope everyone has seen the movie "Second Hand Lions" for the way the boys dealt with salesmen. If you haven't, it's worth it just for that.

ROFL, could always put a sign next to your door of a sales guy with a set of crosshairs on it. And something to the effect of when you are on this property you are under surveillance. I can guess they will go the other way.

Had someone come to speak to me about something one time while I was sitting next to some of my dogs a few years back. . . they were able to come up with no problems and when I was tired of their crap I went to go inside and they turned to leave. The dogs would let them come to the door but leaving was another story. Came home one day to a mailman standing at the door who couldn't leave, luckily he had only been there a minute or two.

superdave65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a recent former AT&T employee (15 years, I quit in June). It is my experience that they are a company that survives on fine print. When I started they valued the customer, lately not so much. Just my two cents.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Called Cox last night, went and got my modem this morning, and I'm back up and running. All the people I spoke with spoke English like it was their first language, and kept saying things like "we're so glad to have you back, we missed you", etc. They even got me a better deal than i had before I left, and included new cordless phones with the modem at no cost.

I'll never stray again, unless we get google fiber someday...

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never listen to an AT&T sales pitch of any kind over the phone or at your front door - they lie. If you are going to deal with them, deal with a real person at one of their stores in person. If something goes wrong you have a real person to go back to and a chance of it getting straightened out.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had AT&T for about 5 years. I have internet, and cell phone in my plan. There service has been great. But their customer service sucks. Every time I call I talk to someone from I think Mexico. I can barely understand them and they never do what I need them to do. One time here recently I had to call them 4 times because they wouldn't do what I asked them to do. Each time before I called they told me it had been done when in fact they did nothing. So I get where people don't like them for that. But as for their service. I think you can't do any better. Just my humble opinion.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll never stray again, unless we get google fiber someday...

No doubt, if google fiber was to roll out in the OKC area I would seriously contemplate moving to someplace where it will be available soonest.

One thing I have enjoyed myself with Cox is the online support. Even if it is copy and paste most of the time I can at least explain that I am not so dumb as to be trying to get tech support in a power outage so they may as well skip the easy junk. Most of the time I hit http://www.dslreports.com/forum/coxhsi if it's something major for internet anyway. It takes a little longer but when you copy and paste the modem logs and can prove the problem they can generally get it fixed the right way and I don't have to play kiddy games on rebooting and removing routers, etc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom