Bill that would exempt guns and ammo made in Oklahoma from feds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It would be really interesting to see a bunch of sheriffs tell them to go ahead on with it if they want to get their agents arrested for doing so. :madbox:

Ahh, yes. The myth of the omnipotent county sheriffs....They'll fold to their federal masters quicker than most of the "molon labe" and "anti-pig" crowd around here would.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The feds will still be able to touch it via the Commerce Clause. The same argument in Gonzales v. Raich, 545 U.S. 1 (2005) applies here. By choosing to not enter interstate commerce while in compliance with state and local laws, your actions have an effect on interstate commerce and are thus still subject to federal regulation.

Yeah, but the feds would have to prove I'd have bought one in interstate commerce otherwise. Since I didn't, I wouldn't. There wouldn't be anything available in interstate commerce that would interest me in the least, let alone buy.

Woody

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yeah, but the feds would have to prove I'd have bought one in interstate commerce otherwise. Since I didn't, I wouldn't. There wouldn't be anything available in interstate commerce that would interest me in the least, let alone buy.

Woody
It'll be left to the Feds to decide if the Feds have proven their case

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Woody

Per Gonzales v. Raich, they don't. Your action of making a purchase outside of interstate commerce implies that you would have made the purchase within interstate commerce if you hadn't had the option to make the purchase outside of interstate commerce.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ahh, yes. The myth of the omnipotent county sheriffs....They'll fold to their federal masters quicker than most of the "molon labe" and "anti-pig" crowd around here would.

Oh I know they would. But it would still be fun to watch! :thumb:

What state was it that had some saying they would arrest federal officers for this? Montana? Arizona? :scratch:

furlong222

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
just a little bit down the road you will be able to rent time on a 3D printer and make whatever you want....thats why we need a State Law allowing ownership outside of Fed jurisdiction...its time for the States to reclaim their rights as soverign states....take back the rights stolen by the Feds....

Latest posts

Top Bottom