BMX Folks: I need your advice...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got me 1980 Mongoose hanging on the garage wall waiting for me to restore it. Kids of today would laugh at what they called "BMX" back then but those bikes were the Ferrari of our day.

Old school bikes rock. I picked this '87 General Hustler up this spring to ride to the bathrooms at campgrounds, and now I want a couple more. Maybe a GT or a Skyway TA or even a Haro.

042.JPG

027.JPG

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's sexy. And I know you can do more than ride to the bathroom on your bikes.

You need to get you an 80's BMX too. They make you feel like quitting your job, wearing the same pair of acid-washed jeans everyday and riding to the 7-11 to get a sixer every morning at noon when you wake up.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't go to town every month, but when I do, I go on a Stern bicycle oldern I am. I buy rice, beans, cottage cheese and oreos. If she ever goes down, there idn't any plan B.

Beerzerker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
On a used bike check for cracked welds, bent cranks or bottom bracket (the lugs and bearings that the cranks attach to), and flat spots in the rims (where the rounded shape was slightly deformed by hitting things hard). Those are all clues telling you that the bike was abused and not worth the risk (especially cracked welds!!!).

Its no problem usually, but you gotta be careful buying a used bike that was "ridden hard"...

One last thing...
You can be a good guy and get him a "COOL" helmet to go with the bike! Can be a real life saver.

Latest posts

Top Bottom