Breakdown of "this" Pawnshop Pricing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerStatePawn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was a thread about some pawnshop and hidden markups. I just wanted to "Do the Math" so everyone can understand the pricing.

I am assuming that Sooner State Pawn is the one in question. You may have misunderstood the internet pricing. We are by no means trying to pull one over on you. Here is a very simple breakdown of that firearm assuming it's a rifle/shotgun.

Rifle/Shotgun - $176.99
Sales Tax in OKC is 8.375% - $14.82
Shipping - $20.95 via FedEx 2nd Day on long guns, $27.95 via FedEx Overnight on handguns.
---------------------------------------------
Total - $212.76

If you're paying with a credit card in our store we do charge 2% on online orders only. We only make $10 and credit card fees can easily put that little profit in the negative. So if the quote included the Credit Card fee that would make your balance, $217.02.

We're not hiding any fees, they are all clearly posted on the www.OKCguns.com home page. We try to be very fair by offering these guns $10 over our cost not trying to get rich, but simply trying to build our firearm business. After I have to pay income tax on top of that we're at about $5 profit.

-Tommy

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will say that I had my first experience with Sooner State Pawn today. I ordered a couple of things and had them shipped there. They called me to let me know when they came in. They were quick, professional, and very friendly. I was very happy. I will be doing more business with them in the future. I seen some very good prices on some of their guns. I have a feeling I will be going back for a Kahr before long.

SoonerStatePawn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does this mean that CC checkout fees are legal if applied at a website where it's a bit tough to pay by cash or check?

We only charge the fee in the store if you're paying with a credit card on guns that were ordered off our website. Most people will bring cash to save a couple bucks.

I will say that I had my first experience with Sooner State Pawn today. I ordered a couple of things and had them shipped there. They called me to let me know when they came in. They were quick, professional, and very friendly. I was very happy. I will be doing more business with them in the future. I seen some very good prices on some of their guns. I have a feeling I will be going back for a Kahr before long.

We appreciate you stopping by. We're actually about to do some remodeling to make room for a much larger inventory. We're going to add another 8 foot showcase for handguns and build a new rack for rifles. We're also going to be carrying ammo, holsters, reloading supplies, and other accessories in the coming months.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My experience with Sooner State Pawn has been awesome. First I had a stripped lower shipped to them and it was an easy process picking it up. Second Tommy has been putting up with my crazy amount of PM's trying to find the best price for a gun I plan on picking up from them (even after putting one on layaway and then asking to have it swapped out). These guys are up front and easy to work with.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I opened the website you offered on the other thread and this is the first paragraph:

To take advantage of the dealer pricing, you must order online. You will pay the price listed plus shipping. Handguns are shipped FedEx overnight at a charge of $27.95, and long guns are shipped FedEx 2 day at a charge of $24.95. 2% Fee for credit cards.

That's pretty clear. However, I would suggest that you bold it to make it stand out. It's the same font as everything else and could easily be ignored/missed.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats really a great deal, I mean damn. They are practically giving you the ordered guns at dealers cost!!!

I seriously could not see why somone would b**tch.

Way to go SSP!

BANG has done business with SSP. Tommy is a straight shooter. No BS.

If you order a gun from them... buy somthing else there and help pay the rent!!!!!

Last edited:

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought one of the new Ruger SP 101 .22lr revolvers from them and it's an excellent transaction. They posted it on here and I called them and asked them to hold it for me. They did. Good guys in my book.

Latest posts

Top Bottom